Alan Pardew

Dave

Guest bimpy474

Is it me or is he slowly turning into Private Frazer from Dad's Army. All i see with him is "were all doomed".

I find the idea of another year of him so fucking depressing.

Listen to him man, he's a busted flush.  He's become a parody in the last few weeks with the constant turgid negativity, moreso than ever before.  We can't do this,  we can't do that,  we're injured,  we're knackered,  we're skint,  give it a fucking rest man,  Jesus.

It's definitely been passed down to the players as well. You'd never get good managers saying shite like that every week.

"In retrospect, maybe the fact that our performance was so strong and that the crowd had such a great reaction [against Benfica], played a part in the Sunderland game.

"Perhaps even our fans thought we were going to win that game [the derby] comfortably, but it doesn't work like that.

What's all this about?  ???

Is it a thinly veiled dig at the fans or... genuinely a bit confused like.

“I haven’t got to the end yet so I can’t say it’s been a bad season,”

“If we got a great result on Saturday, I wouldn’t put it past us to win two more games. But if we lose, then we lose that little bit of momentum we gained at West Brom

Great momentum...

"In retrospect, maybe the fact that our performance was so strong and that the crowd had such a great reaction [against Benfica], played a part in the Sunderland game.

"Perhaps even our fans thought we were going to win that game [the derby] comfortably, but it doesn't work like that.

What's all this about?  ???

Is it a thinly veiled dig at the fans or... genuinely a bit confused like.

Everything is wrong with those lines, first of all we were not fucking strong vs benfica, 2nd is he really taking the piss, he probably think the press would buy that,  oh wait they have. 

Pardew's a glorified politian man.

From day one his job seemed half football manager, half PR guru. The problem is that it doesn't wash when you start losing games regularly.

Still don't get this "Pardew is a PR guru" stuff. The man is rubbish at interviews. Very uninspiring run of the mill rent-a-quote. Winning or losing.

He is a pr guru in terms of keeping the press quiet on his shitty sad excuse of a performances as a manager.

Any other season with us in our league position now, the press would be all over it . 

I'm trying my best to ignore him but that interview is unacceptable from an NUFC manager. Makes me feel like I support the tiniest club in the world, managed by the most frightened man on the planet.

Good luck to Ian W on his general 10-4 shift tomorrow trying to defend that shit.

I'm thinking of dropping it altogether which for me only means not watching the majority of games on TV and my laptop and actually being in attendance for 5-10 of them. However I know people who can't be arsed with their season tickets anymore, others who have had the joy sucked out of it for them and are sick of pointless away trips. This is the situation we're in.

Football isn't fun anymore and it's this daft cunt's fault.

Guest diddimz

The worst part of it for me is knowing how games are going to pan out, against west brom, going in to half time 1-0 up, you knew the second half would be a disgrace, i know being on the other side of the world means we miss out on the atmosphere, but it just doesn't feel like his days are numbered either sadly.

I'm trying my best to ignore him but that interview is unacceptable from an NUFC manager. Makes me feel like I support the tiniest club in the world, managed by the most frightened man on the planet.

Good luck to Ian W on his general 10-4 shift tomorrow trying to defend that shit.

I'm thinking of dropping it altogether which for me only means not watching the majority of games on TV and my laptop and actually being in attendance for 5-10 of them. However I know people who can't be arsed with their season tickets anymore, others who have had the joy sucked out of it for them and are sick of pointless away trips. This is the situation we're in.

bold: :sadnod:

italic: :lol:

This cycle comes and goes with people; some come back to being regular attendees/watchers, some drift off into other interests in their life and only read the scores in the paper.

The same thing was written a thousand times after the Keegan fiasco, the 'novelty' of winning every other week in the Championship brought some people back/attracted others.

The same thing was written a thousand times after Hughton was sacked and Pardew appointed/Carroll sold, the novelty of the 5th placed finish brought some people back/attracted others.

Don't suppose it's much fun to feel so apathetic about a club you feel you're emotionally and intellectually invested in but perhaps you'll be brought back in the not too distant future.

:thup: i've very much considered fucking it off this season. I walked out West Brom saying i didn't want to go to another game. it's a form of madness, going to watch the same drivel served up over and over again. there is almost Gallows humour on the terraces now. I dont enjoy watching my team play, in fact i dread it. Horrendous state of affairs

Sorry to hear you feel that way, it'll be a loss to the forum when you cease posting.

Guest Dontooner

Just shut up ................Just shut up....

Almost like Pardew is trying to rub it in, just keep his mouth shut and work on the football.

"When you throw a blanket across the division, there's not a lot of difference between clubs that have been described as having great seasons and us"

Aye.

Spot the odd one out, Alan. I've given you a hint.

http://i.imgur.com/kOEnfDu.png

That's actually doubly depressing as it shows just how static and predictable the Premier League has become these days - nobody (apart from us, obviously!) moving more than a couple of places from one season to the next.