Alan Pardew

Dave

Not that it matters at all but I'm always taken aback when I hear people calling Pardew a 'nice' guy.

By nice I mean someone who seems to get on well with all the players as opposed to someone like say Souness where factions developed. He seems to do well on that front it's the rest of it which is starting to raise questions.

You'll find long term that he has had a major bust up with Coloccini despite the nonsense that is being spouted about back injuries and so forth.

One player who clearly wants to be somewhere else anyway?

Guest hobshobs

Not that it matters at all but I'm always taken aback when I hear people calling Pardew a 'nice' guy.

By nice I mean someone who seems to get on well with all the players as opposed to someone like say Souness where factions developed. He seems to do well on that front it's the rest of it which is starting to raise questions.

You'll find long term that he has had a major bust up with Coloccini despite the nonsense that is being spouted about back injuries and so forth.

Yep, correct and I can assure you it's because of a Mr. A. Pardew and nobody else.

Doesn't look like he's been asked about Sissoko and Cabaye, again. Shame, it's an issue that seems to be gathering more and more pace on Twitter etc. but he's not quizzed on it.

Whats this about?

I'm going to guess he's on about Sissoko and Cabaye's roles in the team.

Most want Cabaye pushed forward from his current position and Sissoko moved back from his current position but Pards seems to want to persist with Sissoko behind Cisse and Cabaye practically next to Taylor. :lol:

Again, that wasn't the case in our last game. First half, it looked like Cabaye had more licence to get forward. He ended up playing a key part in our goal and almost getting a couple himself. Yes, second half it went to s**** and most of our lot were far deeper than they should have been. I'm not here to defend Pardew, I wouldn't want to, but the bollocks being spouted is painful to have to read.

That's the first time he's found space further up the pitch in a long while, but they played a 2 man midfield in the first half, it wouldn't be daft to suggest there was more space for him to get in to because of that. It's not bollocks to suggest he's been too deep for us for too long either, and I seriously doubt it's the player's choice considering he's an attack-minded midfielder.

Edit: And, it's an utterly pointless compromise too. Would it not be better to simply play Cabaye in the position where he's shown himself to be most effective for us, and Sissoko in the one where he made his name? Cabaye may have been given more license to get forward, which hasn't actually been proven true yet, but we've all seen that he struggles to impose himself in games where he's either overrun or is struggling to find or make space in areas where he can do damage (the 2 usually coincide), it's very likely that's still going to be a problem playing where he is, even if he has been told he can get forward more.

Adding to that, Pardew's also recently said he's afraid Cabaye is close to physical and mental burnout, surely then it would be even more stupid to add to his responsibilities?

Yep, correct and I can assure you it's because of a Mr. A. Pardew and nobody else.

How do you know?

I didn't really make it to the end. When he said something like 'ironically, if we'd have got through to the next round we'd have been playing tonight...that would have left us in serious trouble for the weekend' I switched it off. Making excuses for fixtures that aren't even happening now.

I didn't really make it to the end. When he said something like 'ironically, if we'd have got through to the next round we'd have been playing tonight...that would have left us in serious trouble for the weekend' I switched it off. Making excuses for fixtures that aren't even happening now.

:lol: