League Cup Third Round - Manchester United (a) - 26/09/12 @ 7:45pm (Live on Sky)

Dave

I normally prefer to play kids in early rounds of cups but feel that playing Man U could lift first team players.  5 wins in this cup and you lift a trophy, I'd pick the strongest team possible for it.

Edit

I know the semi is over 2 legs, you still only need to win 5 games.

Not really got a feeling either way about this match. I think secretly Pardew might be reasonably content should we go out.

Same here. We've got enough games with the Europa League and the Premier League until January when you have the added FA Cup games.

Having said that, I don't think he'll play a 'Hughton at Peterborough' side bereft of any experience. At a guess I'd say Taylor, Coloccini, Santon, Shola and possibly Tiote will play and that's a nice experienced half core of outfield players.

Not really feeling any sort of anticipation for tonight. Fully expect a defeat and just hoping we put on a decent show and don't pick up any injuries.

I absolutely hate this competition. Early competition defeats to top flight sides usually away from home, year after year after year.

I dunno I'm more feeling pressure's off, lets have a good go at them and if we lose we've only lost to man u at old trafford, no shame. Though I'd be upset if we got hammered. Considering they failed to beat us last season though I kinda hope for a good show.

It's a bit daft but after seeing last nights results I fancy a shot at this, get through this one and we'd have just a good a chance as anyone.

It's still likely that from tonight's games, Spurs, Arsenal and Liverpool will progress.

We missed our shot in the late 90s/ early 2000s where few sides took it seriously allowing the likes of Leicester/ Boro to win it. Too many of the top teams fancy it now.

It's a bit daft but after seeing last nights results I fancy a shot at this, get through this one and we'd have just a good a chance as anyone.

It's still likely that from tonight's games, Spurs, Arsenal and Liverpool will progress.

We missed our shot in the late 90s/ early 2000s where few sides took it seriously allowing the likes of Leicester/ Boro to win it. Too many of the top teams fancy it now.

I'd only feel like underdogs against Arsenal, that's one team.

I'd only feel like underdogs against Arsenal, that's one team.

Spurs are still a better side than us. Chelsea are still in it as well.

Man U mate has taken a punt their team will be:

De Gea

Rafael                  Keane                  Vermijl                Buttner

Cleverly                Fletcher            Powell

Valencia                                                                              Nani

Hernandez

My guess for us is:

Elliot

Perch Williamson Coloccini Tavernier

Tiote Bigirimana

Gosling

Obertan                  Marveaux

Shola or Cisse

i would like to see something like this:

Elliot/Harper?

Tavernier            Perch        Willi/colo?      Ferguson

Tiote    Bigi

Amalfitano                                              Marveaux

Vuckic

Shola/Cisse?   

subs: sammy, gosling, jonas, anita

Man U mate has taken a punt their team will be:

De Gea

Rafael                  Keane                  Vermijl                Buttner

Cleverly                Fletcher            Powell

Valencia                                                                              Nani

Hernandez

My guess for us is:

Elliot

Perch Williamson Coloccini Tavernier

Tiote Bigirimana

Gosling

Obertan                  Marveaux

Shola or Cisse

I'd say he's pretty close. I'd expect Michael Keane to play at the back but with Evans rather than Vermijl. I'd have expected Robbie Brady to start but he's been left out of the squad. Angelo Henriquez will almost certainly feature. I think Valencia will get a rest and Nani will move to the right, with Welbeck out left.

All guesses mind.