Nail your colours to the mast - where will we finish?

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I think 10-13 is realistic. I'm mostly concerned about consolidation this season and being in the Prem again next season to kick on. Like people have mentioned on here before, to a lot of these young exciting players that we're going to want to sign, we're a yo-yo club having spent two of the last eight or so seasons in the Championship. We don't carry the weight we used to, even with Rafa. After a solid campaign in the Prem this season, our sights for the 18/19 season can be set higher and our recruitment can also step it up a notch too.

I think 10-13 is realistic. I'm mostly concerned about consolidation this season and being in the Prem again next season to kick on. Like people have mentioned on here before, to a lot of these young exciting players that we're going to want to sign, we're a yo-yo club having spent two of the last eight or so seasons in the Championship. We don't carry the weight we used to, even with Rafa. After a solid campaign in the Prem this season, our sights for the 18/19 season can be set higher and our recruitment can also step it up a notch too.

Depends a lot on 'how' we do it as well. There's 12th after a long season of shite and a recovery at the end, and there's 12th after playing alright and being quite stable.

As long as I can enjoy the season a bit I don't care that much about specific positions.

11th and with our business so far I think that is a fair position. :lol: :lol:

Far too positive, alcohol doth not agree with me, as I was expecting at least an effort to strengthen the spine: 15th at best now and genuine fears creeping in.

With Rafa obviously.

Season of stabilisation and reaffirmation in the top league. Too many sides have a head start on us to look at anything top 10 imo.

So the same people on the transfer speculation page that are crying about us being relegated with our shitty squad are saying we'll finish somewhere between 6th and 8th ?

If we finish in the top 12 we'll have had a decent season.

Rafa will want more though so if the squad are capable of finishing higher that's what we'll do.

As it stands 14th I'd say would be a reasonable forecast. As it's been said though, anywhere below Everton to the relegation places is pretty much going to be a pick and mix with no real difference between the teams.

Lascelles has said we're targeting the top ten. Nothing at all wrong with that for a first year back. :thup:

Said they hadn't been given a target but that he thinks we should aim top 10.

Fair enough. Still think it's a good aim.

Analysing the competition here, if we finish ahead of any of last season's top 7 (and one of them doesn't somehow have a implosion of a season) then we've had a remarkable season.

Last year honestly any of the bottom three could have finished 8th or lower, so little to chose between them, so even finishing 8th or 9th would be par for us. Rafa's too good a manager to have us embroiled in a relegation battle, don't care if the mackems mock us for faith in the "manager that sent us down", but as long as he's around we will be safe with whatever squad we take into the season.

Hopefully today's transfer news is just the start of a busy period for us and we get in the 4 or 5 players we still need.