Everton vs Newcastle United - 17/09/12 @ 8pm (Live on Sky)

Beren

Why do Everton fans seem to detest us as a club and a fanbase btw? Something that I've never really understood.

Bitter bastards, just like the BBC.

Will Harper be starting without fail then? I like the bloke but he probably has the reach and agility of the Venus De Milo this season.

Out of him and Elliott, Harper's the lesser of two evils.

Why do Everton fans seem to detest us as a club and a fanbase btw? Something that I've never really understood.

Probably because we're in the same bracket as them, but doing a bit better (atm). It'd be a bit pointless for them to hate Man Utd or Chelsea too vehemently (even though they're both clearly more loathsome) as they're not achievable scalps/a team they can speculate about overtaking. I do think we're very close with Everton this season. Couldn't call who will finish higher.

Sunderland hate Swansea for the very same reason right now I think. Threatened. Or 'RATTLED MARRA' in Mackem Speak.

Probably because we're in the same bracket as them, but doing a bit better (atm). It'd be a bit pointless for them to hate Man Utd or Chelsea too vehemently (even though they're both clearly more loathsome) as they're not achievable scalps/a team they can speculate about overtaking. I do think we're very close with Everton this season. Couldn't call who will finish higher.

Sunderland hate Swansea for the very same reason right now I think. Threatened. Or 'RATTLED MARRA' in Mackem Speak.

Have/had it the same way with Tottenham myself.

Its strange because i find that lots of our fanbase quite like them. And it isnt because theyre not Liverplol.

quite a lot of people here (or at least on some other toon messageboards) laughed at them when they lost their CL qualifier few years back. iirc, sections of online nufc supporters wanted them to slip-up all season.

I detest them, I've only ever once seen the aftermath of people being slashed with a stanley knife and it was at Everton.

I was actually expecting a defeat here until I saw their likely lineup - not too much to be scared of there, 2 very evenly matched teams I reckon. If we had Tiote and Colo I would fancy a win, but would settle for a draw with those 2 missing.

I was actually expecting a defeat here until I saw their likely lineup - not too much to be scared of there, 2 very evenly matched teams I reckon. If we had Tiote and Colo I would fancy a win, but would settle for a draw with those 2 missing.

This is what I mean, I'm unsure why the negativity is so widespread on here. I can't see anything other than a close game. I'd say we're favourites due to home advantage and a couple of key injuries for you.

If Neville is playing in centre midfield then you've got every chance. Phil Neville.

This is what I mean, I'm unsure why the negativity is so widespread on here. I can't see anything other than a close game. I'd say we're favourites due to home advantage and a couple of key injuries for you.

If Neville is playing in centre midfield then you've got every chance. Phil Neville.

Because we love to be miserable.

Positivity/Negativity is always based on the last result. The last result was shit and we have key injuries so people have no real confidence for this game.

Just think without Krul, Tiote and Colo its going to be very difficult to win this. Harper in goal scares the shit out of me, Pards also just has to play Jonas,Cabaye,Bigi in centre mid with 3 up top because otherwise our midfield will be wide open I reckon

Its strange because i find that lots of our fanbase quite like them. And it isnt because theyre not Liverplol.

quite a lot of people here (or at least on some other toon messageboards) laughed at them when they lost their CL qualifier few years back. iirc, sections of online nufc supporters wanted them to slip-up all season.

I think it's only natural for football fans to laugh at the misfortune of other clubs generally. Though maybe that's just me speaking personally.

Because we have half a team out and going to one of the tougher away games on the calendar, can't see anything but an Everton win.

And i usually am very positive in almost every game we play, i can't see anything with this game though.

Can't see how it's particularly negative considering:

1. We've not started the season all that well.

2. By all accounts Everton have.

3. We've got at least three and probably four key players missing.

4. They beat us very comfortably last time we played there not long since, with all but one of those players available.

It's definitely a game we can get something out of, but it has a defeat written all over it IMO. :dontknow:

Can't see how it's particularly negative considering:

1. We've not started the season all that well.

2. By all accounts Everton have.

3. We've got at least three and probably four key players missing.

4. They beat us very comfortably last time we played there not long since, with all but one of those players available.

It's definitely a game we can get something out of, but it has a defeat written all over it IMO. :dontknow:

:thup: