Everton vs Newcastle United - 17/09/12 @ 8pm (Live on Sky)

Beren

Seen no indication that Pardew will put HBA on the left, although might not be a bad idea with Hibbert there.

Trying think like Pards;

Harper

Perch

Taylor

Williamson

Santon

HBA

Anita

Cabaye

Jonas

Cisse

Ba

Only thing I can see changing is Bigirimana coming in for Williamson or Perch and a move around in positions.

Only reason I think he may play Benny left is so he can play Obertan right,  will be about pace to support Cisse on the break whilst keeping the CM area tight with Perch, Cabaye & Jonas.

Not sure about the 4-3-3.  :hmm:

For this game, I would like to see Jonas as left back. He's good in tracking down his opponent and he would also open up for some decent overlaps on that side if Marveaux - who has plenty of speed - is up for it.

Cabaye, Demba and Papiss really need to show some good signs or we will not have a chance.

So:

--------------- Harper --------------------

Santon - Williamson - Saylor - Jonas

HBA - Anita - Cabaye - Marveaux

---------- Ba -------- Cissé -------------

Howay!  :)

would'nt mind this if/when we go 442, but with jonas inside left mid, anita RB and santon LB.

as someone mentioned not sure about anita in the centre at the min whether that's his preferred position or not, he looked a great option at fullback.

we won't see either, mind, can't see him starting marveaux for whatever reason.

it'll something like:

harper

anita    perch/willo    taylor    santon

HBA    perch/bigi    cabaye    jonas

cisse          ba

Guest firetotheworks

Anyone seen that scene on I [heart] Huckabees when Jude Law's character vomits because he's so sick of telling the 'tuna sub' story?

That's how I feel when I see a massive post about why 433 is better and why 442 doesn't work.

Guest SuperShola!

I've had a good day so far, so i'm going to ride my luck and say we're going to win 4-0. Seems about right we do another "out of character" spanking like the Chelsea match. Howay the lads.

I would rather Perch starts in centre of defence tbh.

Cisse

Ba                              HBA

Cabaye

Jonas    Bigi

Santon Perch Taylor Anita

Harper

I'd go something like that. Maybe push Perch into midfield for Bigi and bring Williamson in to cope with aerial threat of Fellaini if he goes pretty much alongside Jelavic again.

It's still a great attack we have, they just need to click again and we could win this 2-0. Perch and Taylor will be solid, hope he doesn't start Williamson.

Well colo was done last year by Jelavic at their place so let's just hope Perch/Taylor step up and do a better job on him.

Guest WashyGeordie

From Harper starting to our key injuries this has got defeat written all over it, and I'd be shocked if we even managed to get a point tbh.

Don't know if it's just my opinion, but Williamson seems to give a weak appearance when he comes up against certain players. Gets outmuscled far too easy and is beaten in 50-50's on way too many occasions. At least Perch go smashing into people all over the pitch. Taylor is our best aerial player in my opinion. I reckon he'll be the one dealing with Fellaini.