How highly do you rate... Robert Pires?

Beren

Might tinker with the format a little bit - as everyone seems to be very highly rated so far :laugh:

Whoever a poster wants to nominate to be next, has to nominate them because they feel they are either over or underrated by reference to another player who (by consensus) is generally regarded as better/worse.

For example, if I wanted to nominate Shola I'd say: I nominate Shola because he is underrated, and is actually much better than Shearer.

Might encourage better discussion than everyone agreeing the nominated person is great :pow:

For some reason I thought Zidane was seen as a bit overrated by some, obviously not. :lol:

Yep i thought that as well, personally i do but was scared of saying how overrated  :laugh:

I personally don't consider him a GOAT and i don't consider him the best of his generation either.

Jermain Defoe would be a good one or maybe Ian Wright?

Somewhere, Sewelly has lifted his head from what he was doing, and is now making his way towards the nearest internet cafe.

:lol: The Standard Liege forums won't hear the end of this.

Oliver Kahn wouldn't get in the top 10 keepers of all time tbh.

Tell me the 10 then.

Shilton

Banks

Schmeichel

Yashin

Zubizaretta

Arconada

Maier

Clemence

Zoff

Van der Sar

Casillas

Seaman = Kahn

There's others such as Grosics, Viktor, Mazurkiewicz but I haven't seen enough of them to place them.

Somewhere, Sewelly has lifted his head from what he was doing, and is now making his way towards the nearest internet cafe.

:lol:

"Scores goals eh? Shite player"

What was Chilavert's consistency like at set pieces, does anyone know? Also Ceni?

I always thought both of them were only rated because of how many goals they scored.

As goalkeepers i can think of plenty that were better.

Buffon is the best i have seen though.

Defoe: Greedy, overated player who will score a reasonable amount of goals from the 800 shots he takes every match.  Also the worst penalty taker of all time.

Ian Wright: One of the most clinical strikers in PL history, absolute top class.

Tell me the 10 then.

Buffon, Zoff, Banks, Schmeichel, Southall, Yashin, Casillas, Van der Sar, Shilton, Maier

in no particular order.

No Kahn, Dassayev and Pfaff on that list is a shambles tbh. Casillas, Southall and VdS shouldn't be there.

Chilavert is your archetypal South American nutcase like.

:lol: Does seem a bit mental. For no real reason, I've always thought of Chilavert as being the superior keeper.

Ceni has played over 1000 games? :yikes:

Toldo was one of the best keepers of this generation, just unlucky for him he was around at the same time as the best goalie of all time who also happened to be Italian.

Yeah i always thought he was a bit underrated. Pagliuca and Peruzzi wasn't bad either.

Tell me the 10 then.

Shilton

Banks

Schmeichel

Yashin

Zubizaretta

Arconada

Maier

Clemence

Zoff

Van der Sar

Casillas

Seaman = Kahn

There's others such as Grosics, Viktor, Mazurkiewicz but I haven't seen enough of them to place them.

To say that someone like Zubizaretta was better than Kahn is surely just a joke. It has to be. :lol: