Everton 2 - 2 Newcastle United - 17/09/12 - post-match reaction from page 57

Dave

Fellaini and Phyllis should have both been sent off too. As I've said on countless occasions, I've never seen anyone elbow opponents as much as Fellaini and continuously get away with it.

Wouldn't worry................when he moves to Man Utd, the F.A will legalise it.

Guest neesy111

Didn't watch 2nd half, sounded like it was quite decent.

Very happy with a point after watching the 1st half.

:lol: We were excellent 2nd half, even if they arguably deserved 2 extra goals due to bad decisions.  Played a mix of hoofball and decent stuff.  Worth watching properly.

Where did you go after the first half like?

To bed, it was 4am here and I needed to be up at 8.

Harper 6 Not bad, not brilliant. At first i  thought a really good keeper may have got that baines goal i.e. Krul last year. But perhaps i am being harsh. Glad we have him though.

Perch 5 Got bummed at right back 1st half, looked much better in the middle after the break. Marv let him down 1st Half.

Williamson 5.5 Fantastic in the air defensively i thought again, positioning very questionable at times though.

Saylor 7 He had a very busy night. Looked really very good i thought. Battled hard for our cause, made runs from the back, looked fit and i really hope we can keep him fit. Not sure i'd play him in the Uefa games.

Santon 7 Linked up well with HBA i thought at times and generally good.

Marv 3 Very poor. Could have tried to help Perch alot more and offered next to nothing offensively either.

Cabaye 6.5 Poor first half much better second half when he played further forwards. Would have ben a 6 but the assist to Ba is worthy of at least another half point

Anita 6.5 Really like this lad battles, is quick, intelligent and plays simple passes well.

Jonas 6.5 Battled well defensively as always and we really needed him. Jonas and Anita shored up our right flank 2nd half which we had been bummed on all first half.

HBA 6 Class player some very good passing and runs but not really his night though gave the ball away in dangerous positions at least twice. Missed a one on one with the keeper.

Cisse 5 Battled and had a few decent chances but couldn't score. Just not looking a goal threat at the moment or as sharp as lat season.

Subs

Ba 8.5  Changed the game completely good passing, creative, held the ball up, a complete menace to Everton and topped it off with two very cleverly taken goals which he makes look easy.

Ameobi 6.5 Did well caused problems and got an assist.

Well done Pardew for knowing exactly what to do second half tactically. First half a few players did let him down.

Didn't watch 2nd half, sounded like it was quite decent.

Very happy with a point after watching the 1st half.

:lol: We were excellent 2nd half, even if they arguably deserved 2 extra goals due to bad decisions.  Played a mix of hoofball and decent stuff.  Worth watching properly.

Where did you go after the first half like?

To bed, it was 4am here and I needed to be up at 8.

I understand there are priorities in life, but fuck me, I'd never be able to do that. Not because I'm some sort of special snowflake supafan...i just wouldn't be able to fall asleep not knowing the score.

Guest firetotheworks

Am I the only one that thought Anita was average? He was poor in midfield (along with everyone tbf), but then good defensively at right back. He hoofed it a lot in attacking positions though.

The refs performance is one of the worst I have seen.

Missed two Everton goals.

Failed to send of Neville and Fellaini.

Stopped the play when Ben Arfa had three options for a goalscoring opportunity.

Absolute joke at this level.

Am I the only one that thought Anita was average? He was poor in midfield (along with everyone tbf), but then good defensively at right back. He hoofed it a lot in attacking positions though.

No. I was massively disappointed with his distribution all night. Not what I would have expected from an Ajax Graduate.

Guest firetotheworks

I honestly don't know how anyone could say that that was a terrible performance from the officials like. :lol: Aye, they missed 2 goals, but both were honest mistakes. Other than that the only thing that was a definite, concious error was not allowing us to play on when we were 3 on 1.

Guest firetotheworks

I don't think either of those decisions were incorrect, and even if they were then Anita would have went off in the first as well by that reckoning. Both got yellow cards for the same type of challenge, so the consistency was there.

Guest icemanblue

Fair point, although I'd say there was a lot more venom in Fellaini's challenge. His face on the replay showed that. Thought Anita's was more clumsy, or badly timed.

The second yellow for Neville can't be disputed, in my opinion. He dropped his arse.

Possible sending-off for the Fellaini challenge? Letting Neville off with a second yellow?

You could say Fellaini challenge was not too dissimilar from Anita's on Hibbert (?) , agree on Neville though, thought it was a second yellow.

I'm sure the ref was about to book him and then changed his mind when realised it would be a second yellow.

I can't lie btw, Shola's chest assist was ridiculous. :lol:

As I say, on the balance of chances overall a draw was a fair result, but no doubt those 2 decisions leave a very sour taste in the mouth. One I could have just about stomached but twice is taking the piss.

I think you are being very generous in your summary of the game.  You are 100% right that if those two decisions had gone against us then this forum would be a different place today.

100% not offside and 100% over the line, no doubt.

However, it is very hard for me to be distracted from an excellent 2nd half performance and a very valueable draw for us.  That said last night is the best I have seen Everton play for a long time - not that I follow your form that closely, Baines is playing out of his skin right now.  You don't have too much to be worried about this season if that form can be maintained.

As I say, on the balance of chances overall a draw was a fair result, but no doubt those 2 decisions leave a very sour taste in the mouth. One I could have just about stomached but twice is taking the piss.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/2895725.stm

I count two bad decisions vs two decisions (though I am conveniently forgetting Gosling's handball from last season ;D)

I'm sure it's been mentioned but the commentary after Everton got their second :anguish:

Can't remember it word for word but it was something along the lines of "justice has been served twice in a week" :anguish:

I'm sure it's been mentioned but the commentary after Everton got their second :anguish:

Can't remember it word for word but it was something along the lines of "justice has been served twice in a week" :anguish:

What was the commentary after Ba scored the second? Were they as stunned as the Everton faithful? I can't recall.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/2895725.stm

I count two bad decisions vs two decisions (though I am conveniently forgetting Gosling's handball from last season ;D)

Ameobi's obscenely offside goal from a few years ago...

We could play this game all day long. ;)

The bottom line yesterday is we had 2 clear goals chalked off hence we're obviously very annoyed we aren't sitting on 9 points. That unfortunately - and I say unfortunately because they're the talking points in what was a contender for the best game for the neutral so far this season - can't really be overlooked.

Don't buy the "luck evens itself out" bollocks. It often doesn't and at the end of the season, that point gained for you and the 2 dropped from us here could prove pivotal in potential European qualification.