Everton 2 - 2 Newcastle United - 17/09/12 - post-match reaction from page 57

Dave

Only times ive noticed is the 4-4 against arsenal he celebrated like an arsenal fan when they thought it was 4-5 only for van persies goal to be disallowed. The other time was the commentary when we lost in the last minute against arsenal last season and he was the co-commentator.

Can't recall any others off hand, but know he HAS done them - you don't dislike a pundit for nothing. Has to be earned. And he has.

Le Tissier has always been a dick towards us imo.

Aye i remember last year when we smashed Villa and Cabaye bossed it, Le Tissier was saying Villa had the better of it and had more of the ball too.

When we had like 23 shots and 60%+ possession :lol:

I don't mind Le Tiss when he talks about other clubs but when he talks about us i just want to mute the tv majority of the time.

Well then, what a game that was! Such an exciting second half.

The less said about the first half the better tbh - there's only one word to describe it: shite.

The second half was a massive improvement on the first and was arguably the best half of football I've seen us play so far this season. Really hope we can build on that and properly kick start our season.

Everton should have won really but fuck them, it was a great result for us IMO and needless to say I'm happy atm! We showed some great spirit in the second half and that was really heartening to see.

Anita needs to switch to RB long term, looks completely lost in CM but great as a fullback.

Which is strange considering at Ajax he looked much more comfortable as a CM than a fullback, probably due to the pace of the league and frantic nature of it.

Long term he will be a CM but for now while he's getting used to the pace of the league he should stay at fullback, or at least only play him at CM once Tiote is back.

Le Tissier has always been a dick towards us imo.

100%.  He hates us.  Compounded by him scoring loads of amazing goals against us.  It wasn't just those 2 famous ones, he scored some other peaches as well.

Pretty sure there are quotes somewhere about him hating us.  He's very Southern, isn't fond of the North in general.

Didn't watch 2nd half, sounded like it was quite decent.

Very happy with a point after watching the 1st half.

:lol: We were excellent 2nd half, even if they arguably deserved 2 extra goals due to bad decisions.  Played a mix of hoofball and decent stuff.  Worth watching properly.

Didn't watch 2nd half, sounded like it was quite decent.

Very happy with a point after watching the 1st half.

:lol: We were excellent 2nd half, even if they arguably deserved 2 extra goals due to bad decisions.  Played a mix of hoofball and decent stuff.  Worth watching properly.

Where did you go after the first half like?

WOW, what a game...or should say 2nd half. So many things so reflect on.

Must admit i was quiet happy when i saw our lineup/formation. Happy to see marveaux...mostly because i haven't seen him much and he looks like the type of player i like. But he was very disappointing....like all the others and he had a hard time against Baines....who is really playing well imo. Hope to see marveaux given another chance in Euro.

Pardew made the changes i personally asked/hoped for at half time...which was good. Unfortuneatly I'm not always that keen on the 4-4-2 but it worked yesterday. 1 thing that we learned imo is that cabaye is probably best playing deeper...he gets the ball more so he gets to make more good passes....he can dictates the game better when he has the game in front of him. He is also good at winning the ball....so maybe we should play him deeper.  still i hope to see a 4-3-3 with cabaye, anita and tiote in cm....where cabaye would play "in front of" the 2 others.

harper was ok....still prefer him to Elliot. Only seen Elliot once or twice...he was horrible. Think harper and he experience is still to be chosen...also think our defenders would prefer that.

Cisse wasn´t that bad....he had a hard time fighting distin alone for the long balls. Ba was awesome which is nice to see....imagine when they start scoring at the same time.....has it happened yet?

Sholas chest pass 3 metres in the air was out of this world. Really happy about his role as supersub and his professionalism....keep it up.

Such an enjoyable game. On a train to Brum still thinking about it. Thought our away support was fantastic - heard them throughout, even when we were being pummeled!

Also Papisto really should have buried his two chances now I think about it - the second one especially. Unnecessary dinked lob after a well-timed run - just get your foot over it, and it's a goal!

The reason Cisse did not have a great first half was not all his own doing.  Played the line alone, trying to latch onto hopeless long balls.  He needed support against 2 good solid defenders.

Pardew rightly said we were rubbish in the first half but I think he has to accept responsibility for that.  Tactics were not good at all, team looked unbalanced and to give him some credit I guess, the players really did not respond well to the formation.

Take nothing away from Everton - they were pretty impressive in the first half, Baines in partlicular.

Hopefully a lesson or two learnt tonight and the morale off the back of this result, might just kick start our season.  We really should be going all out for 6 points in the next two league games and you could then argue, that the dropped two points against Villa aside, we are where we thought we would have been.

Best thing about last night was the spirit in my opinion. There really is a willingness to show that last season wasn't a one-off.

Considering our injuries, that was a huge point. If this is what competition for places does to Demba, I'm all for it.

Also, Hatem is really fighting for the cause. He's also the one trying to instigate a more passing game. You could really see his frustration when he came into that sort of libero position to pick it up because we kept lunging it forward towards the poor, isolated Cissé.

Jonas was leading with example second half, I think him, Demba and Santon were our stand out performers. Santon completley shut his wing down and was good going forward, again.

How many times do you see in tennis a ball that clearly looks out to the naked eye, including on super slow motion close up, but is actually in because the slightest sliver of ball is on the line? Unless you can see daylight/grass, there's no definite conclusion, and it was never a free kick, and our attack was pulled back.

The offside they can have.

That 2nd half was seriously unexpected like. Pardew earned his wages there, even if we'd lost. That 1st half was embarassing.

On the other hand poor first half performances are becoming a worrying trend that needs to be sorted out and fast.

Do you think it backs up the theory that Pardew is a reactive manager?

How many times do you see in tennis a ball that clearly looks out to the naked eye, including on super slow motion close up, but is actually in because the slightest sliver of ball is on the line? Unless you can see daylight/grass, there's no definite conclusion, and it was never a free kick, and our attack was pulled back.

The offside they can have.

:thup:

As contraversial "over the line" decisions go, it was as marginal as it can get. The ball was never clearly over the line and even after multi TV camera angles it didn't look that conclusive. Maybe a goal but very understandable that it wasn't given.

As you say the two worst decisions of the night were giving the free kick that led to the goal in the first place and stopping our attack in full flow as they were clear as daylight.