Floated set penis to Williamson/Taylor at back post

Dave

Odd thing is, it actually had a good degree of success today - no one else was ever on the same page as him. When he went for goal, others gambled with runs, when he went to cushion headers, they stood still waiting for the net to ripple. :fuuu:

Note the 'every time'. It's a fucking joke man, unless I missed it, not once did Cabaye put a ball in with any whip or pace. Not once was there a delivery intended to land in that corridor of uncertainty, like Baines did yesterday for Everton's third for example. Every time it's the same idea man, it's ridiculous. :lol:

Was gonna start this exact thread myself.

We won a free kick on 28 mins which was in a brilliant position to hit the space between defenders and keeper, Cabaye drilled it to the back post.

Having given it some thought today I actually think its a defensive tactic designed to not get caught on the break by a defensive header at the near post.

Note the 'every time'. It's a f***ing joke man, unless I missed it, not once did Cabaye put a ball in with any whip or pace. Not once was there a delivery intended to land in that corridor of uncertainty. Every time it's the same idea man, it's ridiculous. :lol:

Althought it brought a slight improvement in chances today, we've been doing it for 2 years now and todays the only time I can think of it being affective. Ba and Cisse are both big lads and good in the air. What Dave says about delivering the ball with whip and pace would bring far more success than a dink to the far post.

This has been one of my most frustrating things about our tactics for a while, along with Williamson lauching it from the back at every given opportunity.

He was decent today, but please, kindly sit on the bench every week Mike.

I've no idea of why we keep aiming these set pieces at Williamson. He's just too weak to be a real force.

Taylor offers far more strength and agression.

THE NEWCASTLE UNITED GUIDE TO PLAYING FOOTBALL.

ATTACKS:

1. Pass to Ben Arfa, he runs around a couple of tries a pass to an attacker, which is intercepted. Sometimes, he has shot which is saved and parried for a corner (see set pieces).

2. Get the ball to Jonas/Santon, he passes to Jonas/Santon and they cross. Cross is met by goalkeeper/defender/over-hit.

3. Hoof the ball to Ba/Cisse. They miss header and defender clears easily.

SET PIECES:

1. Float to Williamson. Defender intercepts.

2. Float to Williamson. He misses header.

3. Float to Williamson. His header lands nowhere.