Floated set penis to Williamson/Taylor at back post

Dave

Really thought today would be the day it worked :(

Why, dude? Williamson hasn't turned into John Terry.

I was blinded by our history of unusual derby scorers - Dabizas, O'Brien, Chopra, Luque, Raylor, Domi etc.

Guess you can't polish a turd.

Really thought today would be the day it worked :(

Why, dude? Williamson hasn't turned into John Terry.

I was blinded by our history of unusual derby scorers - Dabizas, O'Brien, Chopra, Luque, Raylor, Domi etc.

Guess you can't polish a turd.

It'll work in April. Watch this space!

Have to give Pardew credit where it's due (even if it was a little overdue on his part!) for getting them to try something different on set plays. :thup:

Even if some of routines are a little out-there it's fine - better than the predictability of punting at Williamson's noggin every time. All for mixing it up with a few routines involving Colo/Cabs on the edge of the box, some short corners to HBA and some punts at Williamson/Colo/Ba/Shola on the edge of the 6-yard box.

Williamson really isn't the problem with this....

The problem is not winning the 2nd ball, Williamson usually wins the first ball and knocks the header down into an area.

The problem with that is that no one seems to be gambling and getting on the end of that knock down and the other team gets to it first.

If we able to get on to the knock down more often i.e. the second ball then we would probably have more success.

He wins a fair few IMO, just always under enough pressure not to do anything useful with it.

If we do it, I suggest a Mighty Ducks approach. Get some of our players shielding him/running alongside him. At least fucking near him, seeing as he is never in a position to generate much power off the first ball.

he wins it, but at the same time fouls his marker.

Oh yeah. This.

This is actually much more accurate than what I said. Especially in Europe where his presence alone past the halfway line is an infringement.

Oh yeah. This.

This is actually much more accurate than what I said. Especially in Europe where his presence alone past the halfway line is an infringement.

:lol: Some of the decisions against him in Europe were amazing, couldn't help but laugh

Oh yeah. This.

:lol: Some of the decisions against him in Europe were amazing, couldn't help but laugh

Has Willo ever played outside of europe?

Williamson really isn't the problem with this....

The problem is not winning the 2nd ball, Williamson usually wins the first ball and knocks the header down into an area.

The problem with that is that no one seems to be gambling and getting on the end of that knock down and the other team gets to it first.

If we able to get on to the knock down more often i.e. the second ball then we would probably have more success.

Yeah, I agree with this. Williamson, whatever his other limitations, does win a good percentage of those balls.

It would help if we had a midfielder like Speed who can attack the box and get on the end of those kind of chances. The nearest equivilent is Gosling, but so far he's been a disappointment overall.

Was exciting to see a Shola header on target from one of our corners.

Unfortunately, shortly after that the best chance of the 1st half for Lukaku also came from one of our corners.

The best set-piece related moment in ages was Colo absolutely launching himself at a cross in the penalty area in around the 86th minute. A bit more of that from our players please.

It´s sad when you get exited when someone else besides of Willo gets the ball at a free kick or a corner :'(

I agree though. If we can continue and do what we did last game, then maybe we will see some goals soon...

How hard is it to just whip it in to an area and attack the ball. If we are going to do the same thing every other set piece then I wish we just did that.

Ask Yohan, Pards, Dekka & the Fatman.

You can blame Dekka and Ashley for a lot of things but I don't think they have much input on our set piece routines.