Floated set penis to Williamson/Taylor at back post

Dave

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

we've become as predictable as Pardew is.

anyone remember the last time we've taken a corner short?

or ever seeing a player put his hand on the ball and play the freekick quickly?

Strangely - yes. Both of which led to a goal or nearly a goal too.

Ben Arfa and Cabaye on the left. Ben Arfa dribble into box - penalty.

Overload to far post. Coloccini late arrival edge of box. Short cut back corner to Coloccini who drilled a shot at goal (which reminds me of the time he nearly scored a header from the edge of the box from a corner drilled back to the edge for his late run).

We never tried any of these again I'll never know.

we've become as predictable as Pardew is.

anyone remember the last time we've taken a corner short?

or ever seeing a player put his hand on the ball and play the freekick quickly?

Strangely - yes. Both of which led to a goal or nearly a goal too.

Ben Arfa and Cabaye on the left. Ben Arfa dribble into box - penalty.

Overload to far post. Coloccini late arrival edge of box. Short cut back corner to Coloccini who drilled a shot at goal (which reminds me of the time he nearly scored a header from the edge of the box from a corner drilled back to the edge for his late run).

We never tried any of these again I'll never know.

it was deemed as too dangerous.

Guest icemanblue

Every short corner we take at St. James', and there's actually been a fair few this season, is met with groans from stands. :lol:

Often because it goes to Simpson. :lol:

Regardless of who it goes to, tbh. Pretty sure there were groans for Hatem's against Spurs.

Every short corner we take at St. James', and there's actually been a fair few this season, is met with groans from stands. :lol:

Often because it goes to Simpson. :lol:

Regardless of who it goes to, tbh. Pretty sure there were groans for Hatem's against Spurs.

our fans are the best, love it when they shout SHOOOOOOT when Tiote crosses the halfway line.

The fans in general are clueless, at least the loudest ones are. When we take a short corner there's always some idiot shouting "just get it in" or some bollocks.

There was a period when our corners were class, Colo was arriving late and doing funky stuff, HBA was getting short and dribbling in. Generally I accept the fact that corners aren't as much of a goal threat as people think - but I would like us to try more interesting things again.

There are some right idiots at SJP like. One behind me, whenever Ben Arfa gets the ball he just screams "pass it you cunt" and shite like that, who the fuck to when no one is making a run and the only option is back to that useless twat Simpson? Would honestly rather he just lost the ball than give it to him.

Guest bimpy474

Hahaha the thread name.

I feel famous :lol:

I laugh every time I read it, couldn't help myself but to rename the thread title. It's just so apt :lol:

:snod:

Yeah I don't get that, especially in a game where set pieces haven't been working, a short corner to Ben Arfa is a really good option. That said though pretty much everyone who goes to watch us is fucking stupid and knows nothing about football.

it'll be a driven in set penis to williamson at the back post.

i think our set piece routine was designed after watching blackadder goes forth, we've done it that many times and it's never worked, it'll be the last thing they're expecting Baaaaaaaaa!!

Have to say, I'm curious to see what this different option is that we've came up with. :lol:

We did one on sunday in the 2nd half very similar to the one Stoke scored from at West Ham the other week but it ended with a tame Ba header rather than the raker Walters scored with.

Yeah I don't get that, especially in a game where set pieces haven't been working, a short corner to Ben Arfa is a really good option. That said though pretty much everyone who goes to watch us is f***ing stupid and knows nothing about football.

Aye but I wouldn't mind it if a 'short to ben arfa' was part of a drilled corner taking routine which had been worked on the training pitch but when they did it it even took their own team mates by surprise!  Bet you pards gave them a fergie style roasting in the changing rooms for having the gumption to attempt something different.