Floated set penis to Williamson/Taylor at back post

Dave

Close the football pet hates thread, there's only one winner.

Pet hate is too tame for this.

For me it's up there with cancer, the holocaust and Justin Bieber.

Cancer's potentially curable, the holocaust has been and gone and Justice Beaver might get shot tomorrow.  Not sure they measure up tbh, there's no end in sight with this.

Close the football pet hates thread, there's only one winner.

Pet hate is too tame for this.

For me it's up there with cancer, the holocaust and Justin Bieber.

Cancer's potentially curable, the holocaust has been and gone and Justice Beaver might get shot tomorrow.  Not sure they measure up tbh, there's no end in sight with this.

:lol:

Guest bimpy474

I think its clear to see why i came up with set penises.

Pardew babbling about trying something different has just enforced my point of view.

I cant believe a manager, his staff and players are so inept at coming up with anything at all that resembles a dangerous set peice.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm fucking sick of this now, beyond a joke.

How many times have we chucked the ball in the box from a free kick or a corner since our last goal from one? It must be more than 500 times. You would think that on at least one of those occasions it would end up in the net - the opposition might even do it for you.

We actually do appear to have tried a few routines that have allowed Colo a strike on goal, but on the whole its still the chip to Williamson and lose the ball routine.

Every time there was a free kick in their half we put both centre halfs up, and I applaud that. But there is absolutely no desire from anyone to get on the end of one of these balls and nod it in.

Cahill and Terry at Chelsea want to score from a corner and they often do. Evra has decided hes going to get in the mix and he has a couple of goals to show for it.  Not one of our players is straining every sinnow to get a header on goal.

The other side of the coin is that we conceeded from a free kick v Fulham, 2 corners v Man U, a free kick v Sunderland, and now a corner v City. And thats just off the top of my head.

How many points has our crap approach at set pieces cost us? It's not quite a goal headstart for the other side but it's not a million miles away.