Floated set penis to Williamson/Taylor at back post

Dave

Didn't he say about a month ago that we were going to completely change our set pieces because what we were doing wasn't working?

Someone on here said it's like this scene in Blackadder and that could not have been more true:

Melchett:      Good man. Now, Field Marshal Haig has formulated a

brilliant new tactical plan to ensure final victory in the

field. [they gather around a model of the battlefield]

Blackadder:    Now, would this brilliant plan involve us climbing out of

our trenches and walking slowly towards the enemy sir?

Darling:        How can you possibly know that Blackadder? It's classified

information.

Blackadder:    It's the same plan that we used last time, and the

seventeen times before that.

Melchett:      E-E-Exactly! And that is what so brilliant about it! We

will catch the watchful Hun totally off guard! Doing

precisely what we have done eighteen times before is

exactly the last thing they'll expect us to do this time!

Guest bimpy474

He should be sacked for being completely inept in regard to the Penises, as the manager who has overseen the worst and unimaginative set penises i've ever witnessed, from any team ever. EVER.

I'm not kidding you could take any fan off the street and they would come up with something different than just hitting it to Williamson, at least once. In fact anyone off the street with a slight interest in football would.

Its fucking embarrassing. I refuse to comment about these anymore.

He should be sacked for being completely inept in regard to the Penises, as the manager who has overseen the worst and unimaginative set penises i've ever witnessed, from any team ever. EVER.

I'm not kidding you could take any fan off the street and they would come up with something different than just hitting it to Williamson, at least once. In fact anyone off the street with a slight interest in football would.

Its f***ing embarrassing. I refuse to comment about these anymore.

We saw what happened when we tried something different. Anita freekick to Tiote, Anita corner to Simpson.

DOES NOT COMPUTE. MELTDOWN.

Guest bimpy474

Its f***ing embarrassing. I refuse to comment about these anymore.

We saw what happened when we tried something different. Anita freekick to Tiote, Anita corner to Simpson.

DOES NOT COMPUTE. MELTDOWN.

Just shows how fucking useless the manager is at this stuff. Stop making me comment by the way, i feel like punching the screen in frustration.

I want the cunt sacked, i've gone nuclear about him now. I couldn't give a fucking shite what anyone else thinks anymore.

Things i hate most in football is Long ball and i've had enough of this muppet and his tactics this season.

Didn't he say about a month ago that we were going to completely change our set pieces because what we were doing wasn't working?

Someone on here said it's like this scene in Blackadder and that could not have been more true:

Melchett:      Good man. Now, Field Marshal Haig has formulated a

brilliant new tactical plan to ensure final victory in the

field. [they gather around a model of the battlefield]

Blackadder:    Now, would this brilliant plan involve us climbing out of

our trenches and walking slowly towards the enemy sir?

Darling:        How can you possibly know that Blackadder? It's classified

information.

Blackadder:    It's the same plan that we used last time, and the

seventeen times before that.

Melchett:      E-E-Exactly! And that is what so brilliant about it! We

will catch the watchful Hun totally off guard! Doing

precisely what we have done eighteen times before is

exactly the last thing they'll expect us to do this time!

so true :lol:

I can't stand Fat Sam but I have to admit he was good at exploiting set pieces. The crosses into the box were usually fast inswinger which a player just had to get a touch on to divert into the net. Very difficult to deal with. We seem to have a problem both defending and attacking them. Not great.

I'm f***ing sick of this now, beyond a joke.

How many times have we chucked the ball in the box from a free kick or a corner since our last goal from one? It must be more than 500 times. You would think that on at least one of those occasions it would end up in the net - the opposition might even do it for you.

We actually do appear to have tried a few routines that have allowed Colo a strike on goal, but on the whole its still the chip to Williamson and lose the ball routine.

Every time there was a free kick in their half we put both centre halfs up, and I applaud that. But there is absolutely no desire from anyone to get on the end of one of these balls and nod it in.

Cahill and Terry at Chelsea want to score from a corner and they often do. Evra has decided hes going to get in the mix and he has a couple of goals to show for it.  Not one of our players is straining every sinnow to get a header on goal.

The other side of the coin is that we conceeded from a free kick v Fulham, 2 corners v Man U, a free kick v Sunderland, and now a corner v City. And thats just off the top of my head.

How many points has our crap approach at set pieces cost us? It's not quite a goal headstart for the other side but it's not a million miles away.

Spot on this.

Guest bimpy474

Funny thing we were threatening when Hoots was manager from corners. With the exception of Carroll i dont see the personnel being that different, how can we go from being ok with them to what we are now.

One reason......Pardew, his lack of coaching ability at set pieces or lack of getting a set piece coach in is completely down to him.  But as his Radio Newcastle interview showed, he's full of chitty chat and talks a good game.

But he's full of shit imo.

:lol:, I still don't understand how someone as big as he is can be so horribly weak.

Genetics. You can see he isn't built for the explosive power you often need to be a professional athlete. He must be all slow-twitch muscle fibers.