Man Utd 2 - 1 Newcastle Utd - 26/09/12 (LC R3) - post-match from page 33

Beren

It was expected and all that stuff, but I'm always upset when we go out of cups. Understand that a lot of posters brush this result off like dirt off their shoulders, but to me it just admits we're not a trophy-winning side. Bit more belief and I don't see why we couldn't have won this cup :dontknow:

caring about the League Cup just isn't cool.

I know there's a point to be made about avoiding injuries but I don't think our best players have to be wrapped in cotton wool quite so much.

What the fuck were we going to do if we had got into the Champions League, just hoy the second string out against Barcelona cos the players can't cope? Meanwhile Frank Lampard routinely plays about 60 games a season for ten years straight and looks fresh as a daisy at the end of them all.

Oh well good account of themselves from the b-side, they just had a bit more cutting edge

Eliot - 8 no complaints

Tav - 7 good game for him imo impressed me

Willo - 6 imo nearly conceeded a pen, decent but second goal CBs should be doing better

Collo - 6 didn't quite look full speed imo

Perch - 6 solid but not much going forward

Tiote - 8  ran our side till he got a yellow

Gosling - 4 didn't do anything, should have scored

Marveaux - 5 has lovely touch, some nice dribbles but didn't do enough with it

Obertan - 5 didn't think he was dreadful, did decent defensive work and thought one of his crosses was unfortunate not to find someone, but also lots of his usual infuriating stuff

Vuckic - 5 Poor first half, but much improved second and unfortunate not to score

Shola - 7 solid but disappeared late on, felt he deserved more after he looked on form a lot

Cisse - 7 Good goal, seemed full of energy and very unlucky not to score a spectacular second

Ferguson - 6 very good for goal but other than that disappeared a bit. Still promising

Bigi - 7 filled Tiote's shoes fine for last period

Lets us concentrate on the europa league better but still feels a shame. least we gave a good account of ourselves but now gutted we didn't beat the wankers

Positives

Cisse scored

Tav looks a player

Colo and Tiote get 70 mins

Bigi looked assured again

Fergie looks sharp

Elliot is better than his Forest showing

Negatives

Gosling and Haris are not good enough.

Marv whilst tidy, is not going to challenge first 11

We are out!!!!!!!!

Result aside I'm surprisingly bouyed by that performance

Defo. Tiote looked on it too, should be sharp for the weekend.

If it was the choice of playing stronger teams in this or the Europa League I'd want the latter tbh. Yes this is probably 'easier' to win, but Europe is what we worked all last season for.

We're out of this at the first hurdle, so I'll be disappointed if it doesn't allow us to take the EL a little more seriously from now on.

Infuriating the seemingly lack of effort on show like, for a team that isn't exactly swimming in trophies.

Looked like we couldn't give a f*** for the last 15 minutes tbh. Disappointing.

What? :lol:

Didn't look particularly bothered in the last 15 IMO.

As if we were 2-1 up.

Cisse scoring was good, and Tavernier looks like he will make it.

Vuckic, Gosling and Marveaux though?  Nah. 

Tavernier has come on in leaps and bounds in only a few games.

His attacking play is already twice as good as Simpson :lol: I was actually embarrassed for Danny, watching somewhere, as Tavernier demonstrated superior crossing aged 20 :lol:

I'm left a lot more annoyed after losses in PL tbh. Don't have any real faith in us in the cups. Bit sad.

Same. I dont think its a defeatist attitude, but after twenty years of seeing us choke on big cup occasions, I have little faith left that we could win a cup. The only way it would happen is from a very favourable set of cup draws. The club historically simply doesn't have a big game winning mentality.

If I'd been offered a win tonight or a win at Reading, it would be the latter every time.

Gosling needs to give a call to Nolan and ask to how to be pretty shite but still score goals. He's getting to the similar positions all the time.

I was thinking before he seemed to be trying to channel Nolan with some of his attempts towards goal.

Was impressed with Tav and Fergie :thup: oh and Cisse is back, i don't care that he missed merely trying something like that and hitting the bar says to me his confidence is back.

Happy with second half. ( which has been pretty much been the story all season long) disappointing to go out of competition but there's positives we can take from the game.

Wish Bigi and Ferguson started over Gosling and Obertan but what can you do.

It was expected and all that stuff, but I'm always upset when we go out of cups. Understand that a lot of posters brush this result off like dirt off their shoulders, but to me it just admits we're not a trophy-winning side. Bit more belief and I don't see why we couldn't have won this cup :dontknow:

caring about the League Cup just isn't cool.

You can understand their thinking though. The odds of extra fix + inj affecting our league form is much higher than us winning the thing. Not a cup winning mentality ofcourse, but potentially the right mentality to maintain our league standing/status. Which is obviously seen as more important.

Infuriating the seemingly lack of effort on show like, for a team that isn't exactly swimming in trophies.

Looked like we couldn't give a f*** for the last 15 minutes tbh. Disappointing.

What? :lol:

Didn't look particularly bothered in the last 15 IMO.

As if we were 2-1 up.

Shola, Marv, Gosling and one or two others were knackered.

Guest bimpy474

Gosling needs to give a call to Nolan and ask to how to be pretty shite but still score goals. He's getting to the similar positions all the time.

I was thinking before he seemed to be trying to channel Nolan with some of his attempts towards goal.

Tbf he wasn't passed to on three occasions when free, so getting into the space was ok. One where Shola should have let it go really iritated me.