Reading vs Newcastle United - 29/09/12 @ 3pm

bowlingcrofty

Perch offers a bit more physicality than Anita at right back I suppose, one thing's for sure, Simpson shouldn't be getting his place back. He will though.

Simpson's much better than Perch in that position though.

Perch offers a bit more physicality than Anita at right back I suppose, one thing's for sure, Simpson shouldn't be getting his place back. He will though.

Watch the right side of defence today and you'll see Perch more central than wide, he hasn't got as good positional sense as Simpson.

Perch appears to be better defensively at this stage of Anita's development. Can understand Pardew's thinking.

We've played better as a team with Anita playing on the right than Perch.

You could also say we've played better with Perch in the middle rather than Anita.

Perch appears to be better defensively at this stage of Anita's development. Can understand Pardew's thinking.

We've played better as a team with Anita playing on the right than Perch.

Definately agree, just think Pards likes his physical players...bleh

Would play Anita RB instead of Perch otherwise team is spot on.

Hmmm who's going to score Ba or Cisse.... Bugger it both of them to score for us today ! In a 2 - 0 or 2 - 1 win !

Amazing how Bigi has just bypassed , Mehdi, Anita, gosling, Vuckik etc and now seems only behind Cabaye and Tiote in the pecking order for central midfield. Glad pardew has made this brave move, Bigi has been great and quite a find. I can see Tiote getting forward a bit more today.

Anita looks completely at ease when looking up for a pass. Perch flaps as soon as the ball is near him. Incredulous.

Don't agree with that mate, think Perch looks pretty comfy with the ball at this feet.

Just think he's much more comfortable breaking up play in the center. Would take Anita at RB all day long.

Anita looks completely at ease when looking up for a pass. Perch flaps as soon as the ball is near him. Incredulous.

Don't agree with that mate, think Perch looks pretty comfy with the ball at this feet.

Exactly. He knows his limitations, sure, but he doesn't flap. It's actually quite refreshing.

I don't deny that Anita is the better right-back, by the by.

Who's going to score is a very good question btw. This is our sixth match and we've only got two goalscorers. Could do with others turning up.

Would like to see Tiote have a few pops from range in his growling irritated manner. :lol:

Simpson's comfortably better than Perch IMO.

Fair do's, I prefer his passing out of defence.