Reading 2 - 2 Newcastle United - 29/09/12 - post-match reaction from page 43

Dave

Well, more champagne football from Newcastle.

Perch can tackle and is good at defending, but his strengths lies in his anticipatory skill and reading of the game rather than physical attributes. So sticking him at full-back does him no good. Much of a muchness with Anita there though.

As usual, relying on Ben Arfa to have a Messi moment.

We're awful to watch, we really are. Waiting for the match to end so I can get on with my day, tbh.

Total shambles.

Absolutely abject first half really.

f***ing astonishing how little we create on a consistent basis.

Ben Arfa looks the only person capable, maybe Santon at a push. Gutierrez needs to up his game, been really poor for a while now.

I've never seen a player more reluctant to take a shot on than Santon though.

« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 26 September 2012, 10:15:54 PM »

I predict a difficult game. they will be trying hard not to lose. they are the home team. A draw would be fine. a win of any sort- 1-0 off an arse (like obertan) would be fucking fantastic.  Cant be doing with this easy win shite- never happens. :lol:

:thup:

Dunno why people are apparently expecting us to blow teams away with swashbuckling football. We won a load of games like this last year very scrappily, it wasn't Stoke or West Brom every week.

Guest Roger Kint

bigi has had abit of a mare

Don't know what the hell you're watching, like. He's been absolutely fine.

A quick glance at the username should explain it tbh. I agree he has had a decent first half(that corner aside)

« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 26 September 2012, 10:15:54 PM »

I predict a difficult game. they will be trying hard not to lose. they are the home team. A draw would be fine. a win of any sort- 1-0 off an arse (like obertan) would be fucking fantastic.  Cant be doing with this easy win shite- never happens. :lol:

:thup:

Dunno why people are apparently expecting us to blow teams away with swashbuckling football. We won a load of games like this last year very scrappily, it wasn't Stoke or West Brom every week.

I don't think anyone's expecting it but it would be nice to look like we're making an attempt to play better stuff and to create chances.

Absolutely abject first half really.

f***ing astonishing how little we create on a consistent basis.

Ben Arfa looks the only person capable, maybe Santon at a push. Gutierrez needs to up his game, been really poor for a while now.

I've never seen a player more reluctant to take a shot on than Santon though.

That's my problem with the lad. When you cut inside that close to the box there isn't much else you can do other than shoot (unless you pull players out of position and do a reverse pass - something he does a lot). Most of the time though it just gets crowded out.

honestly don't know why folk were calling for Bigi to play with Tiote when it became apparent Cabaye would be missing.

Absolutely fuck all creativity with those two in the middle.  Slag Cabaye off all you want he's all we've got and we lack any real threat without him.

It's only a very small part of the problem tbh.

We're making the worst side in the league look alright. We need Ben Arfa playing central. Disappointing first half.

Nah, as much as I love him that just looks suicidal. What we really need are two other midfielders who aren't absolutely useless on the ball, in the creative sense.