Reading 2 - 2 Newcastle United - 29/09/12 - post-match reaction from page 43

Dave

« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 26 September 2012, 10:15:54 PM »

I predict a difficult game. they will be trying hard not to lose. they are the home team. A draw would be fine. a win of any sort- 1-0 off an arse (like obertan) would be fucking fantastic.  Cant be doing with this easy win shite- never happens. :lol:

:thup:

Dunno why people are apparently expecting us to blow teams away with swashbuckling football. We won a load of games like this last year very scrappily, it wasn't Stoke or West Brom every week.

I don't think anyone's expecting it but it would be nice to look like we're making an attempt to play better stuff and to create chances.

Absolutely. But some of these posts make it look like we're going for the title.

Compared to our first half performances in previous games this season, that wasn't at all bad tbf. Poor to watch as a spectacle and devoid of quality, but solid and we don't really look like conceding that much.

I'd be tempted to shuffle it about to get Ferguson at LB and move Santon to RB for some actual natural width.

honestly don't know why folk were calling for Bigi to play with Tiote when it became apparent Cabaye would be missing.

Absolutely f*** all creativity with those two in the middle.  Slag Cabaye off all you want he's all we've got and we lack any real threat without him.

Who else?

I agree, I think Bigi does nice short passing forwards but isn't a playmaker. I think they'd be good behind Cabaye tbh. Bleh.

I predict a difficult game. they will be trying hard not to lose. they are the home team. A draw would be fine. a win of any sort- 1-0 off an arse (like obertan) would be fucking fantastic.  Cant be doing with this easy win shite- never happens. :lol:

Dunno why people are apparently expecting us to blow teams away with swashbuckling football. We won a load of games like this last year very scrappily, it wasn't Stoke or West Brom every week.

I don't think anyone's expecting it but it would be nice to look like we're making an attempt to play better stuff and to create chances.

there was people quoting 3s and 4s like we were playing a pub team

Bigirimana's been fine, and he's a pleasant bonus this year, but Tiote and him aren't really what we need to create anything. If only we had any other attacking central midfielders in the squad aside from Cabaye (I don't count Gosling, he's toilet). Total bore fest.

there was people quoting 3s and 4s like we were playing a pub team

There's plenty teams in the Premier League that will score 3 against this lot tbf. Why can't we ever give anyone a bit of a thumping?

Absolutely. But some of these posts make it look like we're going for the title.

If we want to be competing for the top 4 (this is what Pardew keeps on telling us) then we should be putting in a better performance than this against arguably the worst team in the league. That goes for the way Pardew has set us up too.

So frustrating when we make strides in a game/with a formation - that we abandon it and revert to type. Everton away, for instance. The 4-4-2 actually had a semblance of balance and creativity when we put Ben Arfa and Jonas on their stronger feet. Now we just look totally imbalanced again; it's the most pivotally negative factor in this whole set-up.

Simply too many def-minded players on the pitch, with attacking threats from left wing and right back they'd look like a completely different side

Have we been playing 4-4-2 by any chance, only saw bits of first half, Jonas on left has not worked for fucking ages, Cisse and Ba up front doesn't work, 4-4-2 is a shocking formation when you don't have good wingers - Ben Arfa drifts in to much rather than hugging touch line - still class though but 4-4-2 doe not work for him.

We have the players for 4-3-3 or some other fluid formation not a fucking rigid 4-4-2 with a left back and left winger who can't cross a fucking ball and a right hand side that don't cross inwards.

Bigirimana's been fine, and he's a pleasant bonus this year, but Tiote and him aren't really what we need to create anything. If only we had any other attacking central midfielders in the squad aside from Cabaye (I don't count Gosling, he's toilet). Total bore fest.

Well, Marveaux.

People are saying that we need to do more centrally,  we've got no width either.

We have but Jonas dewells on the ball & Benny is getting surrounded, we need to be moving it much faster or change it so we have Benny in a central role where he can create