Reading 2 - 2 Newcastle United - 29/09/12 - post-match reaction from page 43

Dave

Cisse and Ba will never work.

Really want it to work but starting to believe this too.  As a pair less than the sum of the parts :(

They need quality service & there has been a serious lack of that

It's chicken and egg though.  When both play there is less created.

« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 26 September 2012, 10:15:54 PM »

I predict a difficult game. they will be trying hard not to lose. they are the home team. A draw would be fine. a win of any sort- 1-0 off an arse (like obertan) would be fucking fantastic.  Cant be doing with this easy win shite- never happens. :lol:

:thup:

Dunno why people are apparently expecting us to blow teams away with swashbuckling football. We won a load of games like this last year very scrappily, it wasn't Stoke or West Brom every week.

I don't think anyone's expecting it but it would be nice to look like we're making an attempt to play better stuff and to create chances.

there was people quoting 3s and 4s like we were playing a pub team

There's plenty teams in the Premier League that will score 3 against this lot tbf. Why can't we ever give anyone a bit of a thumping?

but we do- 6s and 5s since we came back up. what irritated me was the assumption that this was an easy game. I know its a cliche- but I dont believe thier are any easy games at this level. as soon as you think it is, you get bit on the arse.

btw- on looking back it seams it was reading fans quoted with them scores :lol: :lol:

We're playing at a very slow tempo, need to release the ball much quicker. We've looked hopeless so far. I think he is going to have to change something because this tempo of game is playing right into their hands.

Incredible that we have 2 DM's on the pitch and another DM on the bench, against Reading who are bottom with 1 point. In our entire 18 man squad we don't have a centre-mid capable of a clever forward pass?

Just hoping Ben Arfa, Ba or Cisse can pull something out of the hat for us second half because we've been awful.

« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 26 September 2012, 10:15:54 PM »

I predict a difficult game. they will be trying hard not to lose. they are the home team. A draw would be fine. a win of any sort- 1-0 off an arse (like obertan) would be fucking fantastic.  Cant be doing with this easy win shite- never happens. :lol:

:thup:

Dunno why people are apparently expecting us to blow teams away with swashbuckling football. We won a load of games like this last year very scrappily, it wasn't Stoke or West Brom every week.

I don't think anyone's expecting it but it would be nice to look like we're making an attempt to play better stuff and to create chances.

there was people quoting 3s and 4s like we were playing a pub team

There's plenty teams in the Premier League that will score 3 against this lot tbf. Why can't we ever give anyone a bit of a thumping?

but we do- 6s and 5s since we came back up. what irritated me was the assumption that this was an easy game. I know its a cliche- but I dont believe thier are any easy games at this level. as soon as you think it is, you get bit on the arse.

btw- on looking back it seams it was reading fans quoted with them scores :lol: :lol:

Those 5s and 6s all came with supposedly much worse players!