Reading 2 - 2 Newcastle United - 29/09/12 - post-match reaction from page 43

Dave

Beren :thup:

Ignore Jayson I'm pretty sure at this stage he is just an elaborate troll.

I just want some fucking progressive football man.  Hoofing it at the Denmba not working again? hmmmm... perhaps hoof it at Shola?  :jesuswept:

Horrendous. Absolutely horrendous. If I was a Reading fan, I'd be gutted that my team is s*** and I was a c***, but they still should have had three points.

We're lucky, lucky people today.

:lol: :lol:

Well, at least we're not losing these games. Still early days guys I know it's turgid but there's plenty of time to get this right.

It's only June, the euros are on soon, plenty of time.

FFS, it's only July, two months left, calm down

Jesus, has the window closed, it's only the middle of August

Still two days left, confident we'll pull something out of the hat

I'm just grateful we didn't lose anyone, that's as good as a new signing

Either a 4-3-3 or a 4-4-2 with more of the full backs and wingers on their natural sides. Take your pick.

About the best shout you'd have is dropping barfa behind the front two to link midfield. Putting your best 3 attacking players infront of Tiote, Bigi & Jonas today wouldnt have created wonderous football. Cabaye missing was a huge loss. The natural side line you're overplayng.

I'm not overplaying it at all, it's a question of balance. 4-4-2 simply does not work with players on their wrong side.

The lack of balance is at the very top of the list of problems imo. Been clear as day for fucking ages.

Yep, major major issue. Highlighted massively by two games where we've created nothing until a left footer has come on, beaten a full back in his natural side and put a cross in....goal. It's staring everyone in the face.

Just woke up, did we play well?

:lol:

The bit from Who Shot Mr. Burns Part One where Krusty runs into city hall with two holiday suitcases saying "I miss anything?" after Burns has just announced his plan to block the sun comes to mind.

Either a 4-3-3 or a 4-4-2 with more of the full backs and wingers on their natural sides. Take your pick.

About the best shout you'd have is dropping barfa behind the front two to link midfield. Putting your best 3 attacking players infront of Tiote, Bigi & Jonas today wouldnt have created wonderous football. Cabaye missing was a huge loss. The natural side line you're overplayng.

I'm not overplaying it at all, it's a question of balance. 4-4-2 simply does not work with players on their wrong side.

Or their right side, in all likelyhood.

What, like Shane Ferguson? Ben Arfa is being severely limited on the wrong side, so is Santon.

Guest Wally_McFool

RIght, point nicked, could be worse, lets hope Man U get Rooney and Van Persie sent off and a few minor hamstring tweaks that will keep their players out for a couple of weeks.

What, like Shane Ferguson? Ben Arfa is being severely limited on the wrong side, so is Santon.

4-4-2 doesn't work full stop with those players.

Geniune question, how else would you lot have set up the team?

We've had a shocking match, not sure you can blame Pardew for the lineup.

:lol: I can't believe his post after what he was saying the other day.

Whys that? I believe that team shouldve done better. Poor performances are to blame moreso than any lineup. Barfa barely got into the match 2nd half, was his performance due to Pardew also?

Because you were basically saying the other day that our refusal to sign players to improve the squad was fine and never costs us, nor is it likely to.

Now you're suggesting Pardew's options were too limited to put out a half-decent lineup. :lol:

I just said the team shouldve done better, the lineup was good enough to me. Id have expected us to still control that midfield & our wingers to do much better. I also said there wasnt any basis to doubt our squad, if we're going to play like today without Cabaye then theres your first strong basis for doubt welldone aye. That game did make Guthrie look a big miss & Anita apparently cant replace that.

Whys that? I believe that team shouldve done better. Poor performances are to blame moreso than any lineup. Barfa barely got into the match 2nd half, was his performance due to Pardew also?

Because you were basically saying the other day that our refusal to sign players to improve the squad was fine and never costs us, nor is it likely to.

Now you're suggesting Pardew's options were too limited to put out a half-decent lineup. :lol:

I just said the team shouldve done better, the lineup was good enough to me. Id have expected us to still control that midfield & our wingers to do much better. I also said there wasnt any basis to doubt our squad, if we're going to play like today without Cabaye then theres your first strong basis for doubt welldone aye.

We had a very poor patch in December last season due to injuries catching up with us, lessons should have been learnt from that for a start.

We needed another attacking spark and reinforcements at the back, we got none of these.  You said you were happy with that the other day.  Today's one reason why you shouldn't be but there were quite a few last season as well.  And I do believe we've been fairly lucky with injuries, God help us if we pick up a few more.

4-4-2 doesn't work full stop with those players.

You say that like it's ever been tried.

I just said the team shouldve done better, the lineup was good enough to me. Id have expected us to still control that midfield & our wingers to do much better. I also said there wasnt any basis to doubt our squad, if we're going to play like today without Cabaye then theres your first strong basis for doubt welldone aye. That game did make Guthrie look a big miss & Anita apparently cant replace that.

Guthrie a big miss in a 4-4-2?

Why do you think he's not getting in Reading's team?

Cabaye was a massive miss today but we was awful in general not withstanding that.

Anyway i think we can make 4-4-2 work( i obviously would rather we didn't use it) the main problem is the blatant lack of balance and the fact everytime we hoof to Ba and Cisse it just comes back again.

If we actually played through the midfield and use the wings while passing on the floor it could work.

So yeah hoofing and no balance  :thdn:

Our options out of midfield are so pathetically limited in that awful formation. Ba and Cisse become isolated and their only service is the endless hoofs supplied by what appeared to be our entire team. Both are fairly useless in the air, so the system only begins to work when Shola inevitably comes on and begins to win balls which can then be fed to Ba. This is not something we should ever look to do. He'll probably play Shola and Ba against Man Utd.