Newcastle vs Bordeaux 04/10/2012 @ 20:05 BST - Live On ESPN

Skirge

Elliot

Anita      Perch      S. Taylor    Santon

Tiote      Bigirimana

Amalfitano      Cabaye          Ferguson

Cisse

I'd rather we tried to win this cup than go for 4th tbh. We won't get 4th the way it's going and European cups are very, very fun the further you go.

Agree 100%.. would fkn love to win this, Geories taking Amsterdam by storm I would honestly sell my camera gear to make sure I had the money to go if we made the final.

If they're fit play Colo and Cabaye. Also play Ben Arfa and Cisse, if we play a weakened team against these we'll get beat. Marseille, Lyon and PSG are already breaking away from the rest in Ligue 1, and as a result this lot will treat this competition seriously. They've yet to lose so far this season, but play Lyon on Sunday and have drawn 4 of their six games. Injuries haven't helped but their back four isn't great and has a tendency to concede sloppy goals.

Yoan Gouffran and Ludovic Obraniak, if they both start, are definitely the ones to watch, and whoever plays LB will have his hands full with Henri Saivet who has been impressive on the right flank so far. I'd take a draw, but I'd rather we went with a relatively strong line-up and stopped treating the competition like a hindrance rather than the major trophy that it is.

Elliot

Anita            Willi        Colo      Santon

Cabaye    Bigi    Marveaux

Obertan        Cisse      Ben Arfa

Play our best XI, sick to death of resting players.

Pretty much. I wouldn't exactly say i'm sick of resting players but we need to get our best XI on the field and get a good win. Beating these would hopefully send us into next weekend on a high. Because so far it feels like we're still in pre season, haven't got out of 2nd gear.