Newcastle vs Bordeaux 04/10/2012 @ 20:05 BST - Live On ESPN

Skirge

Picking a defence will be tricky if Saylor & Colo are out for more than a week,  if we played Williamson and he gets a knock we are really screwed for the Man U game!

I would play all the French lads,  they will be up for it playing against their fellow countryman and will want to impress the watching viewers on french tv.

It's almost to the point now where I get more excited about watching our second string squad plod away in Europe and the Cups than I do watching the shit we serve up in the Prem.

The team has been much worse in Europe man. We need to fucking win this, if we don't then fuck this cup, just play the weakest team possible every game and get it done and over with.

I hate this 2nd string shite like. I'm firmly in the camp that finds it pointless to work all year to get in to Europe then just bend over because it's the EL. We should be trying to win this.

We've only played one group game man.

And two play offs. Both were dross. It's obvious that we're going to play weakened teams in the EL btw, what do we expect? There are teams in this taking it much more seriously than we are.

Think the way we're playing, it's far more important to build some momentum and consistency rather than 'rest' half the team and come out disjointed and lackluster against Man Utd.

Something like

Elliot

Anita      Perch          Colo      Ferguson

Cabaye      Bigi    Jonas

Ben Arfa                                      Marveaux

Cisse

Elliot

Anita    Williamson    Tavenier    Santon

Tiote

Ami          Bigi

Ben Arfa                                    Marv

Cisse

Resting players has done no good, as we have been dross in the league, and out squad players have been dross in this. Play a pretty much full strength team for the next couple of matches to put us in a comfortable position in the group then rest players? Not hard ffs. They are professional footballers, I'm sure they can play 50 matches instead of 38 in a season quite comfortably.

I hope Gosling and Obertan are nowhere near the team, both have had enough chances and done fuck all.

Annoys me that we'll probably get a draw at best because we're saving players for Sunday, work hard to get into Europe and piss it away because of delusions of getting CL football which will never happen.

The problem i have when writing a potential line up is that all the time in the back of my mind i'm thinking "what will Pardew do" and i can't see him starting Ferguson.

Why on earth wouldn't he? Two cameos, two assists.