sunderland 1 - 1 Newcastle United - 21/10/12 - post-match reaction from page 39

Dave

I think a large part of my annoyance is that they generally played really badly and we didn't try to punish them, especially in the second half. None of their players stood out and they created very little but we just seemed happy to hang on. With the kind of attacking players we've got that simply isn't acceptable but it's still a recurring theme.

I don't accept a sending off after 25 mins as an excuse for the performance in the remaining 65 either.

We have no attacking game plan, and that's a massive issue that needs to be addressed. I think it will in time once Pardew can get a back four on the pitch that he trusts to pass and one on one up against attackers. However a point away in a derby with ten men is a good result.

What a horrible team they are, horrible club, horrible place. Thery are so bad when you actually have to watch them, O'Niel is bankrupting them and taking them backwards at the same time. No wonder their fans are deserting them and they even have to offer free tickets for the derby match now.

That was the worst, most cowardly and biased to the home side refereeing performance I've ever seen.

Well done Pardew and the team, really good performance under the most difficult of circumstances.

P.S. Ginger Jack needs a smack.

Brian McNally ‏@McNallyMirror

The foul language & rancid abuse from a minority of #nufc fans betrays their inability to project any form of reasoned, intelligent debate.

:lol:

You work for the Mirror, mate. You're not an arbiter of what constitutes reasoned, intelligent debate.

Shame as we deserved to win, but playing an hour or so with 10 men I can take a draw. On the red card it was a complete joke that he sent him off, completely ruined the game (plus it was never a red). We played very well all in all.

Guest Jungle Barry

Never, ever, forget that this was the idiot who deigned that the de Jong challenge on Ben Arfa to be nothing. Not a foul, not a card, nowt. One broken leg later and it wasn't even reviewed etc. What a flipping (!) ridiculous red. Bastard.

Brian McNally ‏@McNallyMirror

The foul language & rancid abuse from a minority of #nufc fans betrays their inability to project any form of reasoned, intelligent debate.

bit rich given his almost insane rants against Rangers during the summer and whenever they pop up in the news, I can understand rivalry hatred etc but he takes it to a new level even for the old firm

Guest bimpy474

Never watched such a bias ref in a game.

Yes Tiote was reckless, but what about Larson studs to Shola in his chest, 0 CARDS!

Larsson as much as i hate him didn't go in with any nasty intent, it was a yellow at most, not even sure it was that.

But tiotes was 2 colours worse? Tiote should have only got yellow if Larsson was no card.

Agreed, said the same in the Tiote thread ;)

Did you see Larcunts reaction when Tiote did what he did ? I'd say he influenced the ref.... look closely.

Dont get me going on him, i hate him, he dives a lot but the handball when he points at his head to the lino last season shows how much of a cheat he is.

Dont think he influence the ref's decision to be honest. Atkinson as a ref is just shit, always has been and always will be.

Guest Wally_McFool

I thought Pardew's plan to have Jonas and Santon  doubling up on Johnson worked a treat.

The only ways they were gonna score today was by a brilliant free kick or a spawny deflection.

Spawny deflection it was, the lucky mackem cunts.