sunderland 1 - 1 Newcastle United - 21/10/12 - post-match reaction from page 39

Dave

However, i still don't think it was a red card today. It was late, for sure, and definitely a booking - but the guy was being fouled and he never took his eyes off the ball. It was completely innocuous and the referee was swayed by an angry crowd and an overzealous reaction from Fletcher. I can't blame the Mackems for that, i'd expect the same from us lot (or anyone), but i do blame the referee. Bad officiating tends to balance out over the course of the season, but that doesn't take away anything from what was an abysmal, abysmal performance from Atkinson.

The problem was that this was committed after the whistle had gone.  I think that during play it's a yellow but because he whistle had already gone it went red

If that's true it's f***ing gay. Just because he followed through a milisecond after the whistle blew, it's a red as opposed to a yellow?

Doesn't ring true with me, tbh. Was just a classic example of a s*** referee being swayed by circumstance.

In the replay you can see the whistle blown while Tiote is being pulled back...then he loses the ball and lunges. He didn't ease up after the whistle.

However, i still don't think it was a red card today. It was late, for sure, and definitely a booking - but the guy was being fouled and he never took his eyes off the ball. It was completely innocuous and the referee was swayed by an angry crowd and an overzealous reaction from Fletcher. I can't blame the Mackems for that, i'd expect the same from us lot (or anyone), but i do blame the referee. Bad officiating tends to balance out over the course of the season, but that doesn't take away anything from what was an abysmal, abysmal performance from Atkinson.

The problem was that this was committed after the whistle had gone.  I think that during play it's a yellow but because he whistle had already gone it went red

If that's true it's f***ing gay. Just because he followed through a milisecond after the whistle blew, it's a red as opposed to a yellow?

Doesn't ring true with me, tbh. Was just a classic example of a s*** referee being swayed by circumstance.

In the replay you can see the whistle blown while Tiote is being pulled back...then he loses the ball and lunges. He didn't ease up after the whistle.

Heat of the moment...

If that's true it's fucking gay. Just because he followed through a milisecond after the whistle blew, it's a red as opposed to a yellow?

Doesn't ring true with me, tbh. Was just a classic example of a shit referee being swayed by circumstance.

was an example of a ref who had decided certain things before KO imo.

I definitely think it was a harsh decision after seeing Pienaar's first booking. The same commentary team weren't after his blood whilst reviewing what was to my mind was a far more dangerous and wreckless tackle.

Apparently yellow was the right decision for a two footed scissor tackle but not a slightly late lunge. They kept going on about what might have happened if Fletchers foot was planted, well the answer to that was simple Tiote wins the ball as it was off the floor. Really wish we had neutral punditry in this country.

Not sure which referee was worse in both of our games today.

Poor decision on Tiote's red card combined with a succession of baffling calls throughout the game. There was an interesting one I seem to recall in the 2nd half when someone clattered into Ba from behind, no free kick, went up the other end, there was light contact and he immediately blew for a free kick.

Also, not even a card for Larsson's chest kick? :lol:

There was an interesting one I seem to recall in the 2nd half when someone clattered into Ba from behind, no free kick, went up the other end, there was light contact and he immediately blew for a free kick.

That stood out a mile. Cuellar went right though Ba on the edge of their box and the only two people who missed it were the ref and the linesman.

Only saw the 2nd half but fuck me, how inconsistant was the ref? Fucking boils my piss. Williamson and Cabaye booked for bugger all yet Gardner, Cuellar and Colback were doing the same sort of stuff and getting away with it then you've got Coloccini getting booked for dissent, he's the fucking captain, while McShit and Larsson are effing and blinding in his face after every minor decision.

I can tolerate bad referees to an extent, everyone makes mistakes, but inconsistency is rank.

Some mackems reckon that some of wor lot were singing Jimmy Saville songs today. WTF? If that's true then it's not good!

People were singing that Saville is Cattermole's dad.

Not on, IMO.

I agree, Saville's had enough shit without that .

Only saw the 2nd half but fuck me, how inconsistant was the ref? Fucking boils my piss. Williamson and Cabaye booked for bugger all yet Gardner, Cuellar and Colback were doing the same sort of stuff and getting away with it then you've got Coloccini getting booked for dissent, he's the fucking captain, while McShit and Larsson are effing and blinding in his face after every minor decision.

I can tolerate bad referees to an extent, everyone makes mistakes, but inconsistency is rank.

:thup: Drove me to distraction this.

Ref was a fucking disgrace all game long.

Some mackems reckon that some of wor lot were singing Jimmy Saville songs today. WTF? If that's true then it's not good!

People were singing that Saville is Cattermole's dad.

Not on, IMO.

I agree, Saville's had enough shit without that .

:lol: