Newcastle United vs Swansea City - Saturday 17th November, 3pm

Decky

Telegraph think it will be a 4-3-1-2 with Hatem as the "1" and Marveaux alongside Tiote and Anita in the midfield 3 :lol:

I'll believe that when i see it.

:yao:

It's funny because it might actually work

Bad news Mick, Pardew wasn't sacked. It was just a dream.

The build-up feels like it has a few times in the past when we've been down to the bones and unexpectedly won.

Yep, the gloom on here is unbearable. I was gutted after Sunday but I fancy a nice win tomorrow.

Guest malandro

Telegraph think it will be a 4-3-1-2 with Hatem as the "1" and Marveaux alongside Tiote and Anita in the midfield 3 :lol:

I'll believe that when i see it.

Might be true, if a little late. This is what Pardew said about HBA in April 2011

“Next season? He (HBA) will play a central role in our attacking line. I want to use him as a playmaker, a number 10, just behind one forward... I am convinced he is able to score between 10 and 15 goals a season.”

I do remember that and quite frankly that's not the part that surprises me as we have tampered with it a few times.....

The Marveaux in the midfield 3 alongside Tiote and Anita is the part that would surprise me.

I wouldn't actually mind trying to experiment with a system like that even if we don't have the fullbacks to really get it work to it's fullest potential at the moment.

3 in midfield = more control, Hatem with a free role = more freedom and closer to goal, Ba and Cisse up front but not really restricting the rest of the team.

It seems like something that would work, as long as we actually pass the ball anyway but as i said i highly doubt we would use it.

Guest malandro

I do remember that and quite frankly that's not the part that surprises me as we have tampered with it a few times.....

The Marveaux in the midfield 3 alongside Tiote and Anita is the part that would surprise me.

I wouldn't actually mind trying to experiment with a system like that even if we don't have the fullbacks to really get it work to it's fullest potential at the moment.

3 in midfield = more control, Hatem with a free role = more freedom and closer to goal, Ba and Cisse up front but not really restricting the rest of the team.

It seems like something that would work, as long as we actually pass the ball anyway but as i said i highly doubt we would use it.

The key decision he has to make against Swansea is where to pressure the ball. Simply waiting for them to give possession away is going to seriously limit our opportunities to score. Playing three ahead of the midfield and it would surely have to be a case of pressuring the defenders? Not sure that's really HBA's thing. 

Guest firetotheworks

He's far better at trying to win the ball in an attacking sense, than he is on back foot helping Simpson out. That kind of goes without saying, but if we go with that formation I think we'll be better in an attacking sense.

It kinda relies on Santon and Simpson supporting a lot.

He's far better at trying to win the ball in an attacking sense, than he is on back foot helping Simpson out. That kind of goes without saying, but if we go with that formation I think we'll be better in an attacking sense.

It kinda relies on Santon and Simpson supporting a lot.

And there lies the concern.

Massive game for Pards, we've been playing badly yet picking up points, until last week when things took the turn they were heading for a while. This week he has to respond because last week's game was finally conclusive proof that something's wrong with tactics, whilst before there was a lingering doubt thanks to our points tally. Fwiw I think we'll respond well and get a win. The West Ham game might be something we've needed in a bizarre way. We need to start pressuring higher up the pitch and give the front six more creative license.

2-0