Newcastle United vs Swansea City - Saturday 17th November, 3pm

Decky

Demba's been dropping deep!? He's never back, neither of our strikers are, hence why we're always hoofing it. There's nobody in the middle to help link things because the midfield pairing are always overworked and deep, Alan!

Demba often drops back to help/replace Cabaye. He did it loads against West Ham.

Aye, he was coming back loads. Seen him speeding back from the half way line a couple of times to help out in the box with set pieces as well

Krul; Santon, S.Taylor, Willo, Ferguson; Anita, Tiote, Marv; Ben Arfa, Cisse, Ba.

4-3-3. Marv pushing ahead of Tiote and Anita. Think Santon has been excellent at LB so far this season but would like to see Ferguson given a start.

I think Perch will play, he trained anyway.

Midfield 3 of  Anita Tiote Perch

HOOOOOFFFFF!!!!!

Aye but it will be what Pards will see as a midfield three that can break up Swansea's passing game, still has to have some creativity though, I'm hoping Anita can do that, its his chance to shine.

giddedigigg. Just arrived in Newcastle...Regardless of the result, PLEASE please please PLEASE let this be a good game.

well i'd rather it was shit and we won, better still and great game that we win.

i've no problem with winning horrible games, the problem is that when you are in too many horrible games it's a sign you're not doing too great and will get found out.

Two teams without a Plan B, could be a frustrating game to watch.

You're not going to be playing Liverpool, its the new Swansea. :)

We play slightly different to last year an Laudrup does like to change it if its not going well

HOOOOOFFFFF!!!!!

It shouldn't be. All three are very tidy footballers on their day.

Tidy footballers at times, yes. Techinically impressive footballers, no.

HOOOOOFFFFF!!!!!

It shouldn't be. All three are very tidy footballers on their day.

Tidy footballers at times, yes. Techinically impressive footballers, no.

I'd argue Anita is, the others nah.

Looks like it will be a game of two make-shift sides.

Laudrup changed us from last year, he's brought the wingers in, so no longer hugging the touchlines. He also wants us to be more direct, we move forward quicker and fast on the counter. This can leave us more open at the back.

Our injury list includes Vorm, Taylor and Ki. I hear a rumour that Ki's replacement Kemmy is possibly injured now (hope not). Chico maybe available after 2 games off injured, we've been playing with 2 regulars of the back 5 the last few games. Davies who replaced Taylor, is only 19, and getting better every game and his confidence is growing. Did some well timed crunching tackles against Balotelli and Torres in recent games, not as good attacking as Taylor (not yet).

Michu has been playing the lone striker role instead of behind the striker, he hasn't scored many since that change was made. Graham is supposedly not fit enough at the moment.

Hope its a good game, look after our guys who will no doubt look for as many watering holes as possible, just remember we're not Cardiff our fans are civilised (well drunken civilised :)  )

For the first time really since his first game, Pards is going into Saturday in a pressure situation.

If we don't win, I honestly think there'll be uproar. You can just sense it brewing amongst the fans.

Doubt it. There will be some mild booing which will turn to a gentle ripple of applause as Santon walks over to the Gallowgate Corner and then people will just drift off into the night. Apathy rules.

I seem to remember Cardiff telling us we were coming to hell when we played them in the Championship. We rolled in and got a fairly routine 1-0 win and their crowd was pretty silent :lol:.

Good times :coloccini:

I was told to watch out for their hardcore fans, and the only encounter I had was with a guy who warned me to move my car to avoid a ticket. Hardly the ultras.

For the first time really since his first game, Pards is going into Saturday in a pressure situation.

If we don't win, I honestly think there'll be uproar. You can just sense it brewing amongst the fans.

Doubt it. There will be some mild booing which will turn to a gentle ripple of applause as Santon walks over to the Gallowgate Corner and then people will just drift off into the night. Apathy rules.

Hasn't he earned a bit of 'apathy' though? I mean, we had a brilliant season last year and it would be even worse if people were going mental after an average start to this season.

For three points we need to take this game by the scruff of the neck and attack with full intent. That means pushing up and getting our more threatening players into much more dangerous positions. I expect we'll remain cautious though, so for me another draw.