Southampton 2 - 0 Newcastle Utd - 25/11/12 - post-match reaction from page 45

Beren

he's in charge of organizing our attacks is he not, Carver said it himself he is the one that works on how to break down the opposition, so he's partly to blame for the hoof ball.

i know its sad that a manager like pardew who gets paid thousands of pounds can't handle organizing both defense and attack, but thats besides the point.

He only gets 1 day a week.

It was your point, you called Carver a turd, I told you he gets one session a week to work on attacking. How much can you do with one session a week? Hardly a turd.

half a turd then.

words directly from John Carver

"Put simply, Alan concentrates on how not to lose and I then find ways to win.“  http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/Smileys/Newcastle-Online/pardsgrin.png

Guest malandro

he's in charge of organizing our attacks is he not, Carver said it himself he is the one that works on how to break down the opposition, so he's partly to blame for the hoof ball.

i know its sad that a manager like pardew who gets paid thousands of pounds can't handle organizing both defense and attack, but thats besides the point.

He only gets 1 day a week.

Perhaps it's the manager, not the players who can't cope with two games a week and it's time to bring in a second manager to take charge of cup games.

but if Carver is a stronger character would he say like " err pards the hoofing is not working what do i do now?"

I have to admit, I am finding myself agreeing with this a little. When things get tough, tough conversations need to be had and Carver could start by telling Pardew he needs more time with the players.

Guest neesy111

Carver for manager. Last time out we won 3 nowt

Was that when Jimmy Bullard's knee fell off?

Nah, we beat Blackburn 3-0 who funnily were manager-less after we got Souness from them. :anguish:

Guest neesy111

Carver for manager. Last time out we won 3 nowt

Was that when Jimmy Bullard's knee fell off?

That was another shit day in NUFC'a history if memory serves.

That was 06/07 when we lost 2-1 at home to Fulham who hadn't won in 16 months away from home.

I kind of defended the team after the Swansea game, not becuase I thought we were any good but because I didn't think we were as bad as some were saying and I'd certainly seen a lot worse.

Today was abysmal. If that is not the nadir of this depressing run (and I'm not sure it is) then we really are in trouble. Today was worse than anything I can remember during the recent relegation season.

Did

Two defensive midfielders in the centre and two centre forwards who can't hold the ball up. Not a recipe for building attacks.

Cisse can hold the ball up. Playing up front on his own at Freiburg he was brilliant at it.

I've never seen him play for Freiburg, but I simply don't believe that. He's absolutely terrible at it, even worse than Ba.

Me neither but i would imagine when he played up front on his own at Freiberg he wasn't having balls fired at his head and instead was getting balls played through midfield and then down the side of centre backs for him to run on too. 

The was a moment in the 2nd half when cisse was called offside after making the right dash when he was behind the southhampton defense line and waited and waited (while he was dashing) for the ballot come from Simpson and when it came it was too late. The shake of the head and the smile of frustration he had on his face says it all.

In short our biggest problem is not creating any good opportunities for our strikers to do something. We have no system or plan of attack to break down and unlock opponents defense. When harem and Cabaye are injured or off forum we are basically f**k.

The lack of investment in senior players last summer is now bearing it's results and I blame Ashley for this.