Stoke City vs. Newcastle United - 28/11/12 @ 7.45pm (No TV)

bowlingcrofty

The Stoke fans we've spoke to since we've been here aren't optimistic. They seem to think that we owe someone a beating..........

Always thought they didn't know much about football.

im going to be positive for a change,

i think we do better against teams who don't play a lot football,  Reading, West Ham, Stoke etc.

prediction 1-1  and a hot fest of yellow cards.

A draw sounds about right. It would be nice to see a balanced midfield instead of two holding ones, but we missed that boat in our last two home games. Maybe this isn't the right one for it, although personally I wouldn't be against seeing someone like Gosling introduced. Not that I rate him, I just think 4-4-2 is pointless with two defensive players in the middle.

The Stoke fans we've spoke to since we've been here aren't optimistic. They seem to think that we owe someone a beating..........

Always thought they didn't know much about football.

the only thing we owe to a beating is a barn door.  They obviously been caught with the hype of our last season.

i think we do better against teams who don't play a lot football,  Reading, West Ham, Stoke etc.

A draw sounds about right. It would be nice to see a balanced midfield instead of two holding ones, but we missed that boat in our last two home games. Maybe this isn't the right one for it, although personally I wouldn't be against seeing someone like Gosling introduced. Not that I rate him, I just think 4-4-2 is pointless with two defensive players in the middle.

Gosling is injured.

i dont think it's overly bad with two defensive midfielders aslong as you got a attacking midfielder ahead of them,

think Gosling between the midfield and a lone striker is not a bad idea it's suited for Pardew's direct game,  he can be like the Nolan, making those late runs into the box, 2nd balls and all that.

is he fit?

Gosling is injured.

That figures. Well looks like we can pick from our army of defensive mids to fill the gap as usual.

Expect us to lose. I just want to see signs of an improvement and some new ideas and tactics on show so we have something to build on and potential to improve because so far we have been getting worse with each game.

Come on Demba turn it on tonight.

i dont think it's overly bad with two defensive midfielders aslong as you got a attacking midfielder ahead of them,

think Gosling between the midfield and a lone striker is not a bad idea it's suited for Pardew's direct game,  he can be like the Nolan, making those late runs into the box, 2nd balls and all that.

is he fit?

Let's be honest, even though we have a midfielder who can hurt the opposition in Cabaye, when he was fit he was being asked to play as a defensive midfielder anyway. So might as well pick one of Bigirimana, Abeid or Anita alongside Tiote and we are set to go.

is he fit?

Let's be honest, even though we have a midfielder who can hurt the opposition in Cabaye, when he was fit he was being asked to play as a defensive midfielder anyway. So might as well pick one of Bigirimana, Abeid or Anita alongside Tiote and we are set to go.

love to see what Abied has got to offer.

Guest frazernufc

I'd stick obertan on the right seem to recall him and Simpson having basically the best game of the their season over their last year.

we lack a quick tempo in our play until we go behind or Ben Arfa picked the ball for us, and when we were behind we just try and get the long ball up the pitch asap

I'd try something like this and give Ba an attacking role

Simpson Willamson Colo Santon

----Bigi Tiote

Obertan Sammy Ba

-----Cisse

We're gonna lose 2-0 but win the lobbing and injuries.

:lol:

Have to admit, some of the gallows humour is funny at the moment. I was hungover as fuck on Sunday and after the match finished I decided to read the whole match thread (hadn't been following it). Was in stitches at parts.