Stoke City vs. Newcastle United - 28/11/12 @ 7.45pm (No TV)

bowlingcrofty

we haven't got cabaye or ben arfa, we havent got the players to make 4-3-3 work

We don't have the players to make 442 work either, last week was another excruciating example of that.  I'd prefer to try to play to a formation our strikers have played well in (433) than stay with a formation where we consistently play some of the worst and least effective Football since Allardyce.

The fuck's he playing at with that midfield man? It will be another pathetic, defensive, rigid and overall fucking hopeless display.

Stoke will not only win with ease but they'll also play the better football. I'd be surprised if we manage to create a chance with the amount of flair in our team.

I think we can all agree the mf looks like a bag of shite, let's move on to... who would you have picked?

I can't say I see any revolutionary changes that could be made, but I guess I'd be looking at Marveaux instead of Perch, whether moving to the fabled 4-3-3 or not. I'm sure if this was the actual team, we'd still be saying it was shite :undecided:

Coward tactics!

Howay man, at least wait and see what they are. Seems unlikely I agree but we might attack them.

I agree with you, but who in that team is supposed to do the attacking? :undecided:

Who in the bench could do the the attacking apart from Marveaux? At least now we can bring him on if we go down.

Is that supposed to be a good thing, that we've got our creative midfielder on the bench so we can throw him on if we're losing? ???

No but the creative midfielder hasn't really been that great. I find it hard to criticize Pardew for that selection as we really are missing a lot of players now. Great to see Colo back. :thup:

Pathetic again from Pardew. We'll spend the entire game camped in our own half occasionally hoofing the ball upfield aimlessly. Negative s****!

I'll be utterly amazed if we get anything whatsoever out of this.

I hope we win for the sake of all of us but I also hope that we win for Pardew so that we can get some pressure off him in the hope that a clear head will work better than the one he currently has.

I don't see anything changing apart from our injuries.

I think we can all agree the mf looks like a bag of s****, let's move on to... who would you have picked?

I can't say I see any revolutionary changes that could be made, but I guess I'd be looking at Marveaux instead of Perch, whether moving to the fabled 4-3-3 or not. I'm sure if this was the actual team, we'd still be saying it was s**** :undecided:

This.

Anita to be our motm.

Krul IMO.

Forgot about him  :lol: probably more likely.

Santon. Again.

Be nice if he could add some end product to his forward runs tonight, because I don't know where our attacking threat is coming from otherwise.

To be fair that's not much tactically different from the team that won in this fixture last season, 4-4-2, strong defensive flanks, main difference is absolutely no thrust from the middle and no best who might have held ball up. Ba and Cisse won;t work together, and Pardew needs to stop trying.

Just been on Total Sport - Ando reckons there is a huge confidence issue with the players at the moment, so what formation we play is kind of irrelevant. I don't agree with him on the last one, if I am honest. The rubbish that we have been served up this season has initially down to tactics and confidence has become an issue through poor play and poor results.