Stoke City vs. Newcastle United - 28/11/12 @ 7.45pm (No TV)

bowlingcrofty

Don't think anyone who's site looks like it belongs in the 90s has any right to criticise any other forum tbh.

Especially when it's called 'oatcake' too. Daft cunts.

I'd go as far as "zany".

Does zany also cover making your eyes bleed when looking at the layout of it?

It can do. Maybe the forum should empty a bottle of milk over itself, to complete the look.

:lol: :thup:

:lol:

Just got to the pub opposite the ground, first time I've ever seen a Car dealership and health clinic opposite a stadium but never mind.

Time for a couple of drinks.

Similar to the Madejski, although that doesn't even have a pub nearby.

Good luck, you're a true soldier.

Just got to the pub opposite the ground, first time I've ever seen a Car dealership and health clinic opposite a stadium but never mind.

Time for a couple of drinks.

Similar to the Madejski, although that doesn't even have a pub nearby.

Good luck, you're a true soldier.

Cheers, strangely I'm looking forward to it now. Although we're not playing well we can still get something here tonight, anything is possible..........

Guest oatcakejamie

Hi stokie here just going point out that we are not over confident for this game because its nearly a year to the day since you slapped us 3-1 . i would be happy with a point against the toon army. Even if your not at full strength your team is still very dangerous and im just wondering why most of you feel were going score 3 or 4 we can hardly score 1 ?

Hi stokie here just going point out that we are not over confident for this game because its nearly a year to the day since you slapped us 3-1 . i would be happy with a point against the toon army. Even if your not at full strength your team is still very dangerous and im just wondering why most of you feel were going score 3 or 4 we can hardly score 1 ?

:yao:

you have seen us lately right

Melodramatic posters like being OTT, what can you say. Be amazed if there is more than a couple of goals in the game personally.

The only opposition player to score at the Britannia this season was Javi Garcia, with City extending their shutout record to 425 minutes against Fulham on Saturday.

Since the mackems won there back in February, Stoke are unbeaten in thirteen home league games, recording six wins and seven draws.

:yao:

It's all because they play not to get beat, that's all they do. They are like the Mackems in many ways, lots of draws, biggest wins will be 1-0.  I watched a lot of their game against QPR recently, despite the form QPR were in they dominated the ball but Stoke just put ten men behind the ball when QPR had possession. Obviously QPR weren't good enough to break them down but they did make a lot of chances. Once Stoke got their goal, the game was over.

They don't care how good they look at home they play with the same mentality as they do away which is defend in depth and hope to snatch a goal so they can defend the lead.

It's not that they are a great team at all, they are distinctly average but their mentality lends itself to being hard to score against. They are where they are in the league, lower mid table for a reason.

If we go there and match their negative tactics, we may have success because they have no clue how to play the dominate role.

A lot of that sounds like us, only we've not been strong enough at the back, like they have to hold onto clean sheets, like we were last season.