Newcastle United vs. Wigan Athletic - 03/12/2012 @ 8pm (Sky Sports 1)

TheGuv

Was just having a look at the table.

Season isn't dead yet. If we win and manage to pick up some sort of form, things can turn for us.

If Norwich can see off top sides at Carrow Road there's not any reason for us to do the same.

Last night left me with a slight optimisitic feeling that the players and Pardew are maybe coming to grips with what's required of them. Having Coloccini back and getting Tioté back to form will be key.

Win this and get something at Fulham would ease all fears massively.

I've no worries of relegation if our team really gives it their all and run their bollocks off like a few did yesterday. We have too many good players who if they give their best we will pick up points. The problem has been so far they haven't been doing that but against stoke I could see signs that they were understanding the seriousness of the situation now.

Problem is now that Wigan is the only game i'd feel we have a decent chance of getting a win in december. I know we have fulham away but after last season i'd say anything there is a bonus.

I think we'll be up for this one. I also think Pardew has had enough of Williamson. He's getting worse every game. If he's not even winning headers then what is he supposed to do? Perch is a far better passer and has better positional awareness. He's also quicker and more precise in his tackle.

Krul

Simpson Perch Coloccini Santon

Tioté Jonas

Anita

Marveaux    Cissé        Ba

...would be my team.

Perch is suspended man.. 5th yellow last night

Not according to both the offial premier league site and the BBC.

Booked against Everton, Reading, ManU, West Brom and Stoke.

I think we'll be up for this one. I also think Pardew has had enough of Williamson. He's getting worse every game. If he's not even winning headers then what is he supposed to do? Perch is a far better passer and has better positional awareness. He's also quicker and more precise in his tackle.

Krul

Simpson Perch Coloccini Santon

Tioté Jonas

Anita

Marveaux    Cissé        Ba

...would be my team.

Perch is suspended man.. 5th yellow last night

Not according to both the offial premier league site and the BBC.

Booked against Everton, Reading, ManU, West Brom and Stoke.

The FA Official website says he wasn't and has him due to face Wigan 1 yellow away from suspension.

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/suspensions

NUFC.com have had it "officially confirmed" UD, give it up:

And there is now a further selection problem for Pardew ahead of that game, with James Perch booked for a tackle during the first half on Wednesday. That was his fifth yellow card time this season and earned him a one match ban sidelining him against the Latics.

Various online sources credited the booking arising from that incident to Vurnon Anita, but we have now had official confirmation that Perch was cautioned by Webb.

NUFC.com have had it "officially confirmed" UD, give it up:

And there is now a further selection problem for Pardew ahead of that game, with James Perch booked for a tackle during the first half on Wednesday. That was his fifth yellow card time this season and earned him a one match ban sidelining him against the Latics.

Various online sources credited the booking arising from that incident to Vurnon Anita, but we have now had official confirmation that Perch was cautioned by Webb.

Oh well.

I did think he'd been booked mind but like they say various online sources includung the FA's own website say he wasn't.

Guest neesy111

I'd play Tavernier at CB ahead of Williamson but clearly that won't happen.

Tavernier is nowhere near ready for RB never mind CB, it'd be a disaster.

This is a must win game, lose and we'll probably go into January with 17 points in the league.  The only points I can see us realistically getting are 3 from QPR and even that's less likely than it was a week or so ago.

Season isn't dead yet. If we win and manage to pick up some sort of form, things can turn for us.

This is a must win game

Every pre-match thread :laugh:

Admittedly not by the same posters, mind.

This is a must win game

can´t believe it either. Of course the season is dead and I´m scared it will only get worse...

This is a must win game

Season starts here man.

This is a must win game

Look at the games coming up, this is potentially our easiest points this year, on paper it definitely is the 2nd easiest.

Had a dream about Martinez last night. He substituted himself late in the game, wearing his suit. It was a corner and he went back post and headed it straight into the corner. I don't remember if they won or not :lol:

Moral of the story: Fuck the police and probably a draw coming.