Fixture Lists - Please All Read

Dave

Haha just read the article:

Tim Cook, General Counsel and Company Secretary at Stan James Plc commented: "We have had to defend Football DataCo's misguided fixture lists claim since 2008 and are pleased to see the Court of Appeal declare that there are no rights in fixture lists in the EU. We continue to defend the second arm of Football DataCo's claim, in relation to live data, which has potentially huge implications for our industry and consumers of live football data within the EU."
:lol: Is he really alright saying that? "We're happy our client is no longer paying us crazy money for defending, quite frankly, a dumb as hell position.  Thank you your honor, it really wasn't even worth the money anymore to live a lie like that."

Tim Cook, General Counsel and Company Secretary at Stan James Plc commented: "We have had to defend Football DataCo's misguided fixture lists claim since 2008 and are pleased to see the Court of Appeal declare that there are no rights in fixture lists in the EU. We continue to defend the second arm of Football DataCo's claim, in relation to live data, which has potentially huge implications for our industry and consumers of live football data within the EU."
:lol: Is he really alright saying that? "We're happy our client is no longer paying us crazy money for defending, quite frankly, a dumb as hell position.  Thank you your honor, it really wasn't even worth the money anymore to live a lie like that."

Stan James is one of the companies against DataCo.

I thought that's how it read but the later wording of "defending a claim" and "continue to defend" made me think of someone defending their claim to IP rights. 

I thought that's how it read but the later wording of "defending a claim" and "continue to defend" made me think of someone defending their claim to IP rights. 

I assume DataCo were/are going after them for some supposed breach.

So, technically, it was illegal to post fixture lists on the board? I'm not sure I understand how any company could claim what basically amounts to a team's schedule as intellectual property in the first place.

Someone will have to clarify for me.

So, technically, it was illegal to post fixture lists on the board? I'm not sure I understand how any company could claim what basically amounts to a team's schedule as intellectual property in the first place.

Someone will have to clarify for me.

It was mental but somehow they enforced it, until now.

Good.

Ridiculous that they actually got some forums closed for posting fixture lists. Who in their right mind would actually be spending their time hunting for forums that "illegally" posted fixture lists, and then prosecute them? Furthermore, who in the hell thought it would be a good idea to spend time and money on doing it? And even then, how in the hell did his idea get approval and/or consent, most probably by several people high up in the food chain of the PL/FA?

Baffling :lol:

Good.

Ridiculous that they actually got some forums closed for posting fixture lists. Who in their right mind would actually be spending their time hunting for forums that "illegally" posted fixture lists, and then prosecute them? Furthermore, who in the hell thought it would be a good idea to spend time and money on doing it? And even then, how in the hell did his idea get approval and/or consent, most probably by several people high up in the food chain of the PL/FA?

Now that is no longer taboo, I have no urge to post them.  :joey:

I want to stay with Pro Evo names:

Mon 03/12    Lancashire Rugby Blues (h)

Thu 06/12    Cheese-Eating-Baguette-Carrying Blues (a)

Mon 10/12    Craven Whites (a)

Sat 15/12    Oasis Sky Blues (h)

Sat 22/12    Saggy's Mercenary Hoops (h)

Good.

If I paid for them I would seriously look into getting the money back too.

On a note related to the two posts above, could forums that wasted money on upkeep of their website just to be closed down for such a nothing issue be able to hunt for monetary compensation? If they could be bothered to fight it, that is. Obviously it wouldn't happen. But would be awesome for old forum owners etc to give the PL an extra kick in the knackers.

Good.

If I paid for them I would seriously look into getting the money back too.

On a note related to the two posts above, could forums that wasted money on upkeep of their website just to be closed down for such a nothing issue be able to hunt for monetary compensation? If they could be bothered to fight it, that is. Obviously it wouldn't happen. But would be awesome for old forum owners etc to give the PL an extra kick in the knackers.

http://www.olswang.com/articles/2012/2012/11/football-fixtures-finally-freed-from-fees/

We anticipate that those who have been paying licence fees for use of the Fixture Lists may wish to seek repayment of fees paid, particularly where fees have been paid since the CJEU judgment was published on 1 March 2012, when the law was clarified. Any ability to reclaim licence fees will turn on its facts. At the hearing the Claimants stated that they would not be offering repayment of any licence fees paid prior to 11 October 2012.