Newcastle United vs. Man City - 15/12/12 @ 12:45pm (Live on Sky Sports 2)

Wilson

I have to get up at 7.30am to watch this on a Saturday. Will be like going to the in laws, you have to do it.

8:45 pm here, perfect start to saturday night :)  About time the asia side got some love after the thursday and monday night games.

:no:

Kompany very doubtful according to the Independent. Nasri didn't train today either.

Big, big miss if he and Yaya don't make it. They were absolutely fantastic up at SJP towards the back-end of last season.

Guest hydeous

4:45 in the morning! Stay up late or wake up early? Decisions decisions.

I think I'll stay up late. Easier to convince myself to drink beer late in the night than right after waking up.

I have to get up at 7.30am to watch this on a Saturday. Will be like going to the in laws, you have to do it.

8:45 pm here, perfect start to gonna be a sleepless saturday night. :anguish: About time the asia side got some love after the thursday and monday night games.

FYP. Oh, and in a lighter note, we seem to be from the same timezone. :D

My prediction is we'll start very slowly, concede a goal - probably from a defensive mistake or a misplaced pass by Tiote.  Krul will then pull off a couple of wonder saves to keep it a 0-1 at half time. We'll then have a busy high tempo first ten minutes of the second half before slowing down and conceding two more - most likely in similar circumstances to the first. When the 4th official signals 4 minutes of extra time we'll have another flurry of activity before the referee puts us out of our misery at the exact moment a clearance by Hart crosses the half way line.

Overall our peformance will contain some individual flair, but we'll carry passengers and our midfield warrior will provide more assists for them than us. Our most creative player will not spend enough time in an area where he can really hurt them and we'll look unbalanced up front.

I so hope to be wrong.

Kompany very doubtful according to the Independent. Nasri didn't train today either.

Big, big miss if he and Yaya don't make it. They were absolutely fantastic up at SJP towards the back-end of last season.

Aye, they were terrific. Still a piss take that Tevez isn't suspended for them like.

Not going to happen, but would love to see this on Saturday:

Krul

Simpson Perch Coloccini Santon

Tiote Bigi

Anita

Ben Arfa      Ba        Cisse

Getting to the point where i think if cisse's going to be shoved out to the wing we might as well just leave him on the bench for marveaux, totally wasted and ineffective out wide.  Pisses me off that he get's put out there.

Getting to the point where i think if cisse's going to be shoved out to the wing we might as well just leave him on the bench for marveaux, totally wasted and ineffective out wide.  Pisses me off that he get's put out there.

Same, it's pointless. Better keep him on the bench for when Ba gets tired.

Guest neesy111

Same, it's pointless. Better keep him on the bench for when Ba gets tired.

Not going to happen, but would love to see this on Saturday:

Krul

Simpson Perch Coloccini Santon

Tiote Bigi

Anita

Ben Arfa      Ba        Cisse

I know this is gonna go against the popular sentiment of the board, but I thought we looked waaaaay better in the last game when we switched to 4-4-2. I know, I know. Everyone wants 4-3-3, but they didnt look like they had any fucking idea how to do it last time out, I feel like people are plugging 4-3-3 just because they haven't seen us be terrible in it as much.

I'd like to see Anita and Tiote in the middle, shit maybe even Bigi in for Tiote as that fool has been driving me CRAZY, and Marv on the left with HBA on the right. Just think, we'd actually be dangerous on both sides then, without Jonas wasting possession 15 times a game on the left flank. Santon and Marv on one side and HBA on the other side with the two african fellows up top, seems like something could happen maybe.

Or if you really want 4-3-3, put Cisse on the fucking bench. Marv, Ba and HBA as the front three.

I do find it remarkable that we've only used a front 3 of Ben Arfa - Cisse - Ba once this season (second half vs Spurs) given how it well it worked in that match and previously.

Not that I think doing that will solve all of our problems,  but it's certainly our best setup.