Newcastle Utd 1 - 3 Man City - 15/12/12 - post-match reaction from page 32

Beren

I am maybe going to spark some controversy perhaps but think we're still playing substantially better than we have, it's just stupid that this performance comes against Man City and not against the variety of beatable teams we've had till now. Losing to Man City is annoying but we've not played terrible, Santon is having a total mare though

There's plenty of perspiration, just no inspiration.

We are just outclassed, out passed and out thought all over the pitch.

I am maybe going to spark some controversy perhaps but think we're still playing substantially better than we have, it's just stupid that this performance comes against Man City and not against the variety of beatable teams we've had till now. Losing to Man City is annoying but we've not played terrible, Santon is having a total mare though

I agree with this, we aren't playing all that badly.

depends what you class as bad...if we approached the game to defend well we failed badly, if we approach the game to cause them problems we did ok for about 7 minutes without actually scoring

How the fuck did we manage to be in a position where we challenged for Champions League football on the final day of the season six months ago with basically the same team?

We didn't. We had Ben Arfa and Cabaye on the field and Ba wasn't being a selfish fuck and was willing to play on the left and play for the team. Right now we have Ba and Cisse forming two of our top three and they don't pass to each other but rather shoot on sight. Jonas completes the three and he can't pass/dribble/cross.

Tossers. Really pig sick of Pardew trying the same, outdated, ineffective dross.

I sick of Pardew. All he has is hoof it long and hope something comes of it, he will never make a sub until the 85th minute when a game has already been lost. He doesn't realise shit performances, I mean how long did it take for him to drop Obertan?

From the games i've seen this season, i think overall this is the best we've looked all season, high tempo, movement and quick passing. 2-0 feels unfair imo. Very positive play from us. Feels weird actually, i shouldn't be happy at 0-2 down but i feel positive somehow because of our display overall.

I love Anita!

Tbh we haven't been that bad, going forward we are laking that final ball, it's just defensively we've been weak. Bring Marv on for either Ba or Cisse, both of them on the pitch just doesn't work. Tiote and Colo have been our best players so far IMO.

The gulf in class between both sides is showing through. Whilst we have done OK going forwards (through being very direct), Citeh look capable of scoring every time they go forward - passing and movement is just too quick and intricate.

If Citeh allow us back into this, they want shooting! For us, it's a lack of depth and quality once again and it's not as if we have any options on the bench. This is what happens when the owner does not invest, when he should have. Facing a relegation battle, as it stands.

I agree with this, we aren't playing all that badly.

Despite my moans I agree as well.  What angers me is we could have been in with a chance in this game but for Pardew making the same mistakes time and time again.  What will it take for the stubborn ass to learn?

I think we've tried to have a go at them, so that's some sort of positive.

The problem is that we're all over the shop as a result, City could easily have had four in that half.

Can't believe we're legitimately in a relegation battle this year. :(

From the games i've seen this season, i think overall this is the best we've looked all season, high tempo, movement and quick passing. 2-0 feels unfair imo. Very positive play from us. Feels weird actually, i shouldn't be happy at 0-2 down but i feel positive somehow because of our display overall.

I love Anita!

Agree, except we deserve to be losing. Defending has been as poor as is possible.

The problem is that we're all over the shop as a result, City could easily have had four in that half.

Can't believe we're legitimately in a relegation battle his year. :(

They could be four up but we could have had two as well. 2-0 seems fair.

Shiteh playing some lovely football but so are we. The long balls are ugly but they are causing issues and when we get Simpson/Santon forward, the movement is promising. Probably the best I've seen us play this season. Its just annoying that two moment of magic have put us behind. Having Willo and Simpson booked is going to really cost us in the 2nd half.

Personally thought we could have worked with 1-0, 2-0 not so much.

Despite probably going onto to lose this, lets keep our heads held high as this is a huge improvement on a month ago. Why couldn't we have had these games in November and played the 'weaker' teams now we're back to the form were showing last season?

Can't believe we're legitimately in a relegation battle this year. :(

Agree with you, but the attack hasn't been a positive IMO. Attacking that leaves you that vulnerable, and requires your centre-halfs to do laps up and down the pitch for 45 minute straight isn't a positive.