Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest hydeous

Thank fuck Ivory Coast managed to beat Senegal to a place in the ACoN this year. Playing Nile Ranger as lone forward with Perch behind him in midfield creating chances would really have meant suicide watch in Newcastle. Starting with Pardew.

Watch us spend the next few weeks trying to convince him and fail and end up with nobody

...and then sign him in the summer when his values has decreased even more.

On a serious note, and not to fuel Dave's ridiculous accusation of Scandinavian panic, but the news coming out today has started to worry me a bit. We simply cannot afford another window where we claim to be doing this and that but eventually fail. Without another striker (and probably a CB), we are in serious, serious trouble.

I just hope for Pardew's sake if we don't "get someone over the line" he doesn't come out with any patronising comments to the fans like he did last summer. "You know january is a hard month to sign players"......problem for him is he knows the drill, he knows the rules with MA/DL abd ultimately he's the one who faces the media and the questions because those two are never going to answer to anyone. Just look at his press conference when he arrived ffs, nobody else there :lol: How spineless was that of DL the "chief executive"

Pardew has been quite outspoken in the necessity for new players and I get the impression with his comments so far that he is not prepared to protect the board this time round.  Probably a case of passing the buck if the team continues to fail.

He definitely looks exasperated that's for sure. I think the full gravity of the situation has hit home, that we're really on the edge of something potentially very nasty if injuries, team form and transfers don't start to improve. The playing side of things being down to him.

He definitely looks exasperated that's for sure. I think the full gravity of the situation has hit home, that we're really on the edge of something potentially very nasty if injuries, team form and transfers don't start to improve. The playing side of things being down to him.

Yep, defending the lack of transfers last year was alright for AP given our form and lack of injuries, but he must know his job is on the line this time around unless we get some quality in.

What will it take for these clowns to wake up?

About 5 years in the Championship and then even Ashley will get sick of losing money and drop us like a hot brick.

As long as they keep blundering by, they'll stick to their same old ways.

Guest icemanblue

N'e'e's'y's on the money. We've already made one signing, who really wanted to come here. I'd imagine we've been doing our best to convince Remy since before the window (there were a few stories pre-window), but it doesn't look as if he wants to come. He was obviously our main target, so I can understand the extra efforts. Now, we move on to other targets. Hopefully.

N'e'e's'y's on the money. We've already made one signing, who really wanted to come here. I'd imagine we've been doing our best to convince Remy since before the window (there were a few stories pre-window), but it doesn't look as if he wants to come. He was obviously our main target, so I can understand the extra efforts. Now, we move on to other targets. Hopefully.

In the summer we needed a right back, a centre half and a forward.  People kept saying that we had plenty of time and guess what?  We came out of that window needing a right back, a centre half and a forward.

Guest icemanblue

Yep, you're right. We've now got our right back, so that means we still need the centre half and, possibly, two forwards. Let's see how it goes? If, as in the summer, there's a week left of the window and we haven't signed anyone, then I'll be worried.

David Crossan just retweeted this:

Remy keen to stay at #OM. Baup saying "he's not showing he wants to leave." Remy's reps had reportedly started talks w/Newcastle on Wed.

I don't think the deal is dead. I think Baup is simply saying the exact same things Pardew said about Ba a few days before he left.

I also think we read too much into some quotes. Barton's for example. Even if he had no reason to comment whatsoever, we know he loves the attention and he wasn't ever going to come out and say that Remy was on his way.