Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

English guy from world football who is an expert on French football just reviewed Remy. Said he has bags of talent but often goes missing in games and has been out of form for a long time. Said he's a bit of an enigma, insinuating that he often plays when he wants to but has a great eye for goal and pace. Very mixed review really, definitely not dazzling but I suppose time will tell how this one pans out.

Saw one of my tutors at Uni today whose a Toon fan and he just said "we need Williamson OUT of the side first and foremost" :lol: :lol:

Exactly what QPR need then. More talented, brooding, inconsistent players.

To be fair, Redknapp isn't bad at getting the good stuff out of them.

English guy from world football who is an expert on French football just reviewed Remy. Said he has bags of talent but often goes missing in games and has been out of form for a long time. Said he's a bit of an enigma, insinuating that he often plays when he wants to but has a great eye for goal and pace. Very mixed review really, definitely not dazzling but I suppose time will tell how this one pans out.

Saw one of my tutors at Uni today whose a Toon fan and he just said "we need Williamson OUT of the side first and foremost" :lol: :lol:

Redknapp is a good short term manager as he's proved everywhere he's gone. This is a good short term signing - we all know that's all it will be. QPR have given themselves a fighting chance of avoiding the drop so it might be money well spent even if it is desperate last throw of the dice. It's left us up shit creek though.

Redknapp is a good short term manager as he's proved everywhere he's gone. This is a good short term signing as we all know that's all it will be. QPR have given themselves a fighting chance of avoiding the drop so it might be money well spent even if it is desperate last throw of the dice. It's left us up s*** creek though.

"cough" Southampton "cough"

QPR just sent me a text, fucking taunting me everywhere. They've got my phone number cos I sat in their end for the toon match at Loftus Road last season. They hardly ever text as well.

'See new signing Loic Remy kick off his R's career against Man City and Norwich at Loftus Road. Get your tickets...'

Don't blame Ashley for not being held to ransom

Don't blame Harry for wanting to keep his side up

Don't blame Remy for doubling his money

I like the people who own the company I work for, but If I was offered another 1k a year, I'd be gone in a shot.

Guest Slippery Sam

Good luck to the lad. I hope he does okay but I hope his side get relegated.

Why does Loftus Road remind me of a 60's school block?  Oh yeah, because that's what it looks like.

I like the people who own the company I work for, but If I was offered another 1k a year, I'd be gone in a shot.

1K a year, fucking mercenary :lol:

So much for my confidence about Remy coming to us then.

Very disappointed in him mind but got to say, from his point of view, it's a win-win situation - a weekly wage of £70k plus the added comfort of a relegation release clause if things go to shit.

Football isn't what it used to be :sad:

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/newcastle-united-have-done-well-to-dodge-loic-remy-s-potential-bu

Less than a week ago, as reported by reliable Marseille newspaper La Provence, Loic Remy had told his club that he wanted them to agree a deal with Newcastle United. He'd looked at the options available to him and made his mind up. Those options already included QPR but after thinking about the situation he decided that Newcastle United was the right option. That's where he wanted to go, Harry Redknapp had even flown out to France and spoken to him but the player wanted to play in black and white among some friends and at a club he thought would be the right one to rebuild his career.

It wasn't a hugely publicised deal, he'd have just joined and got on with things like Debuchy, someone he classes as a friend. But then what had become a small transfer in the scheme of things took a dramatic twist. It only needs a few quotes from Harry Redknapp to inflate something to larger than its actual size, and thus the Remy transfer became a big thing.

La Provence moved on to talk about an 'XXL' offer from QPR which they said was around £80k a week and things changed. Footballers can be blamed and of course it comes down to personal choice but the pressure on a man from himself to accept such a wage would be huge. What he'd earned so far in Ligue 1 would look paltry in comparison and this was a four and a half year deal that would set him, his family and their families up for the rest of their lives and provide for children and grandchildren that hadn't even yet been considered. The extra money is always needed when classified in such way.

Newcastle Untied had obviously been the place Remy wanted to rebuild himself, and to be perfectly blunt that's what needs to happen. He has not made a comeback from his injury last summer, he's had further setbacks and his form has made him a Marseille substitute  This isn't something which can be dressed up as the club pushing him to one side before a sale, he simply hasn't been good enough to get into their team.

He has not completed one full league game for the French side so far this season, he's only started two. There have been sixteen substitute appearances and he's managed to get one league goal, a consolation during a 4-1 loss to Lyon. In November an early substitution against Ajaccio brought things to a head and his manager talked about him not being ready whilst some outside the club thought he made need things building around him, something Marseille weren't prepared to do - mainly because they didn't need to as everything else was working out for them. RMC covered it well.

It was after that game that Le10 Sport reported that Remy had spoken to those close to him and revealed he'd had thoughts about quitting the game. Since that match in early November he's started one league game and two in the Europa League, Marseille have won none of those matches.

With Cisse being the main man at Newcastle United with Demba Ba now gone, it would have given Remy a little time to be eased in. The transfer would still have been a gamble but Newcastle Untied were happy to take that and had worked hard to make a deal happen. Then QPR's money was thrown at Remy until he said yes.

Redknapp himself has been quoted by the BBC as saying "I went to see him at Marseille last week and he wasn't keen but the chairman Tony Fernandes worked ever so hard. He wouldn't give up and the boy decided to come.

"He's quick, a French international, his movement is excellent and he has the potential to be a real star in the Premier League."

In reality Remy hasn't played for France since November 2011, his last match was on the same day Bobby Zamora last played for England.

Pardew didn't kick and scream and Mike Ashley didn't throw caution to the wind and cough up a matching deal. Remy's transfer to QPR has now been confirmed and for the watching public, he's expected to be their main striker and instantly start to fire them to safety.

It could happen, the change could do Remy the world of good instantly. If it doesn't it won't take long before he's labelled a failure and how would the Frenchman, who had got fed up with the game in November, respond to that? How would QPR?

That isn't Newcastle United's problem and once the money started to get silly, it was a bullet worth dodging.

I thought this was to the tune of Don't blame it on the boogie :lol:

Less than a week ago, as reported by reliable Marseille newspaper La Provence, Loic Remy had told his club that he wanted them to agree a deal with Newcastle United. He'd looked at the options available to him and made his mind up. Those options already included QPR but after thinking about the situation he decided that Newcastle United was the right option. That's where he wanted to go, Harry Redknapp had even flown out to France and spoken to him but the player wanted to play in black and white among some friends and at a club he thought would be the right one to rebuild his career.

It wasn't a hugely publicised deal, he'd have just joined and got on with things like Debuchy, someone he classes as a friend. But then what had become a small transfer in the scheme of things took a dramatic twist. It only needs a few quotes from Harry Redknapp to inflate something to larger than its actual size, and thus the Remy transfer became a big thing.

La Provence moved on to talk about an 'XXL' offer from QPR which they said was around £80k a week and things changed. Footballers can be blamed and of course it comes down to personal choice but the pressure on a man from himself to accept such a wage would be huge. What he'd earned so far in Ligue 1 would look paltry in comparison and this was a four and a half year deal that would set him, his family and their families up for the rest of their lives and provide for children and grandchildren that hadn't even yet been considered. The extra money is always needed when classified in such way.

Newcastle Untied had obviously been the place Remy wanted to rebuild himself, and to be perfectly blunt that's what needs to happen. He has not made a comeback from his injury last summer, he's had further setbacks and his form has made him a Marseille substitute  This isn't something which can be dressed up as the club pushing him to one side before a sale, he simply hasn't been good enough to get into their team.

He has not completed one full league game for the French side so far this season, he's only started two. There have been sixteen substitute appearances and he's managed to get one league goal, a consolation during a 4-1 loss to Lyon. In November an early substitution against Ajaccio brought things to a head and his manager talked about him not being ready whilst some outside the club thought he made need things building around him, something Marseille weren't prepared to do - mainly because they didn't need to as everything else was working out for them. RMC covered it well.

It was after that game that Le10 Sport reported that Remy had spoken to those close to him and revealed he'd had thoughts about quitting the game. Since that match in early November he's started one league game and two in the Europa League, Marseille have won none of those matches.

With Cisse being the main man at Newcastle United with Demba Ba now gone, it would have given Remy a little time to be eased in. The transfer would still have been a gamble but Newcastle Untied were happy to take that and had worked hard to make a deal happen. Then QPR's money was thrown at Remy until he said yes.

Redknapp himself has been quoted by the BBC as saying "I went to see him at Marseille last week and he wasn't keen but the chairman Tony Fernandes worked ever so hard. He wouldn't give up and the boy decided to come.

"He's quick, a French international, his movement is excellent and he has the potential to be a real star in the Premier League."

In reality Remy hasn't played for France since November 2011, his last match was on the same day Bobby Zamora last played for England.

Pardew didn't kick and scream and Mike Ashley didn't throw caution to the wind and cough up a matching deal. Remy's transfer to QPR has now been confirmed and for the watching public, he's expected to be their main striker and instantly start to fire them to safety.

It could happen, the change could do Remy the world of good instantly. If it doesn't it won't take long before he's labelled a failure and how would the Frenchman, who had got fed up with the game in November, respond to that? How would QPR?

That isn't Newcastle United's problem and once the money started to get silly, it was a bullet worth dodging.

Where's that from?

Nice summary of the saga. :thup:

Where's that from?

Ooops forgot to add the source, on now.

Nice summary of the saga. :thup:

Remy was quite keen to come here by the looks of things until QPR threw enough money at him to turn his head. Seems like we really worked hard to push the deal through as well so no blame on our recruitment efforts on this one.