Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It's a gamble going into the new season with our strike force as no one is really a proven goal scorer, but I'm fairly happy with Cisse, Rivière, Perez and Chucky tbh.

Me too, better options than last season on the face of it where we only had Cisse, Remy and Shola, also have Armstrong coming through. Would be nice to get a top striker but fairly happy with options. I think we need a right midfielder desperately before any more strikers as we actually need players to supply the strikers, unless Ben Arfa is allowed to play

I'm a bit worried our tactic is to acccumulate 10 goal a season sort of strikers as if that will all add up to enough goals over the course of the season, but of course they won't all play all of the time. Really wish we would splash a bit of cash for a good solid dependable goal scorer. Remy would add this but there must be others.

It's a gamble going into the new season with our strike force as no one is really a proven goal scorer, but I'm fairly happy with Cisse, Rivière, Perez and Chucky tbh.

The worry is that throughout Pardew's tenure we've always struggled badly when he's not had one player in white-hot goalscoring form over a particular period. Cisse's done it before of course, but looks a shadow of the player he did when he joined. It was Carroll, then Ba, then Cisse, then Ba again, then Remy. Cabaye was the only other player that was scoring fairly regularly during that time and obviously he's gone.

Pardew evidently needs one player to take the responsibility for scoring the majority of our goals. I know little about our signings; do we have that one player?

Only five players have got into double figures for the season for us in the last four seasons, in all competitions.

Kevin Nolan 12 (2010/11)

Andy Carroll 11 (2010/11)

Demba Ba 16 (2011/12)

Papiss Cisse 13 (2011/12)

Demba Ba 13 (2012/13)

Papiss Cisse 13 (2012/13)

Loic Remy 14 (2013/14)

In the last three seasons no other player has scored more than 7 goals in all competitions. :lol:

Guest NobbyOhNobby

Being honest, I'm really worried about our strikers - 3 massively unproven strikers who've never played in the premier league and a bloke who's been out of form for 2 years. None of the strikers signed are coming with a great goalscoring track record either.

For a team that doesn't score a lot of goals, I think its going to be a struggle.

Being honest, I'm really worried about our strikers - 3 massively unproven strikers who've never played in the premier league and a bloke who's been out of form for 2 years. None of the strikers signed are coming with a great goalscoring track record either.

For a team that doesn't score a lot of goals, I think its going to be a struggle.

Yep, definitely need some proven goals in the team.

The worry is that throughout Pardew's tenure we've always struggled badly when he's not had one player in white-hot goalscoring form over a particular period. Cisse's done it before of course, but looks a shadow of the player he did when he joined. It was Carroll, then Ba, then Cisse, then Ba again, then Remy. Cabaye was the only other player that was scoring fairly regularly during that time and obviously he's gone.

Pardew evidently needs one player to take the responsibility for scoring the majority of our goals. I know little about our signings; do we have that one player?

Definitely Maybe. No.

Great post Dave and you are right to pose the question...do we have that one player ? As things stand, NO and we won't make it up among the midfielders either....

Sounds like they just got fed up of chasing him  If we've been trying to get him to talk to us for a while and he's constantly made it clear we're last choice and basically done everything he can to join any other club but us then I could see why we'd fuck it off.

We're the ugly bloke waiting in the corner of the club while the lass we're interested in grinds her way around every twat in the place in a desperate attempt to avoid the shame of going home with us. 

That's absolutely spot on that like, perfectly put.

Seems the strangest time possible to go home then, just when you are looking like the most viable option.  Probably shit ourselves when we realised it might come off and we'd have to spend £10m+, in addition to whatever we've spent already.  That's how it comes across, with the timing.

Guest firetotheworks

Seems the strangest time possible to go home then, just when you are looking like the most viable option.  Probably s*** ourselves when we realised it might come off and we'd have to spend £10m+, in addition to whatever we've spent already.  That's how it comes across, with the timing.

:lol: Love the mixed analogy of 'going home' and '£10m+' within the context of being in a club.

Neither replace what Cabaye did. We need another creative deep lying mid. Otherwise we are an Injury away from performances like today.

After De Jong arrival, we probably won't play with a Cabaye type deep lying playmaker. De Jong as a no 10 and 2 defending midfielders. Counter attacking football and 4-4-1-1 it seems.

Seems the strangest time possible to go home then, just when you are looking like the most viable option.  Probably s*** ourselves when we realised it might come off and we'd have to spend £10m+, in addition to whatever we've spent already.  That's how it comes across, with the timing.

:lol: Love the mixed analogy of 'going home' and '£10m+' within the context of being in a club.

:lol: Sorry yes, I sort of abandoned that halfway through.

Neither replace what Cabaye did. We need another creative deep lying mid. Otherwise we are an Injury away from performances like today.

Nowt like a good overreaction. There is literally 0% chance that we're looking for any more midfielders to be honest.

And for me, Cabaye was best in the number 10 role (the 5th season) so the fact we've bought two players who could be considered number 10s suggests we think we've replaced him.

If Grenier is available at the right price and interested we will get him. We have been linked with him since before Christmas. Another midfielder has been touted to be on our list all summer and still up to this week.

If you nullify our winger we have nothing through the middle... You will have to excuse the negativity but performances like yesterday have been the norm for the past six months. If we don't have someone capable of holding the ball and creating from deep the wingers get cut out of the game easily, in turn the strikers are useless and we go back to long ball. Likewise protecting our back four.

While Tiote will bring some protection, I am not convinced by Moussa through the middle with how we want to play, maybe it will work. Anita and Colback are industrious but not to be relied upon for a long ball or pass that will open up defenses. Siem is going to add what we have been missing since Nolan, and a whole lot more. If he is injured or marked out of the game, we are back to square one.

After De Jong arrival, we probably won't play with a Cabaye type deep lying playmaker. De Jong as a no 10 and 2 defending midfielders. Counter attacking football and 4-4-1-1 it seems.

Maybe, would just be nice to have options either way when the injuries hit or if god forbid our tactics aren't working and a formation change is needed. 

Evening Standard reporting that QPR set to offer him a new deal.

Would hate to think how much they'd offer him a week seeing as he was reported to be on 80k per week when he signed?