Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

£12m is a bargain man. Today's markets are inflated if you can do it in the Premiership, even for a 29 year old. He will still be dangerous for 3 years. It's easily worth it.

Doubt you will get a better forward for that price...

If he has a brain he'll go to Leicester

He'll go to whoever is offering the most dollar.

Exactly, he wants to go to the Euros with France but he wants to go there in a Rolls Royce.

would compliment Leicester well i think, make more sense for him to be leading an unlikely charge for the title with the underdogs or try and save us from a relegation battle.

Think were screwed personally, he wont come back, we won pay 30 mill for Berahino, will probably make one more bid for Lacazette, that will fail then call it and say it was a good window. then not score for 5 games in a row....

Spurs back in for Berahino, Remy to Leicester, Lacazette is not a realistic option....

It's becoming blatantly clear that we aren't going to sign the striker required to fire us to safety, we'll end up with Gomis or someone just as bad and continue to struggle as we have all season.

They already have Vardy, who is going to start when fit.  That Asian guy who's name I can't spell, Ogasaki is it?  Didn't they spend a bit on him and he's performing quite well?  Plus Ulloa, who is a pretty solid player and they use him to see games out and as a target man, I believe.  I think they only usually play with one up top, as well?  He arguably has as much chance of minutes at Chelsea, as he does there.

If he is genuinely concerned about playing time, then I think he would look to come here.  We only have one genuine striker, who isn't actually scoring goals.  Plus we usually play a formation that could also see him start on the left. 

All that said.  Leicester have been great this season and I'm sure he'd rather play for Ranieri and a team challenging for the title.  Rather than the beetroot faced farmer and a team fighting relegation (again).

No brainer for Remy, you would think. Depends on how badly he wants to start every week.

He could just stay at Chelsea if he just wanted to pick up a large pay packet. If he wants to start every week he'll choose us over Leicester.

No brainer for Remy, you would think. Depends on how badly he wants to start every week.

He could just stay at Chelsea if he just wanted to pick up a large pay packet. If he wants to start every week he'll choose us over Leicester.

But he doesn't really though. He goes wherever offers him the most lowie like he always does.

But he doesn't really though. He goes wherever offers him the most lowie like he always does.

Then why would he leave Chelsea?

I doubt he is one of their higher earners.  Wonder how much he is on.

I don't buy this "mercenary" stuff but when he was here he seemed to have an air of "aloof"ness about him. But of course he was passing through. He's had that air whenever i've seen him. That's the only thing I don't like.

There was an element of the big star who was just passing through. I felt at times he was a bit greedy, trying things himself when releasing the ball was the better option.

But he has the basic strength and athletic qualities you need in a main striker, even though I think his technical limitations have prevented him from making it at a really top club. He'll definitely do for us.

I meant give him a choice out of all the clubs knocking about that aren't Chelsea, of whoever comes sniffing around him permanently - he'd only go where the money is as he's done his whole time in England.

I meant give him a choice out of all the clubs knocking about that aren't Chelsea, of whoever comes sniffing around him permanently - he'd only go where the money is as he's done his whole time in England.

Seems reasonable, 15 or so years for a footballer's career, he doesn't really have an allegiance to any English clubs.

Play, get paid, get called a mercenary when comparatively he hasn't done much wrong...c'est la vie.

Again, if he's just bothered about money he'd probably just stay at Chelsea. I'm pretty sure he wants a move so he can get more playing time.