Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Daft lad for some of the career choices he has made.

So like many of this standard of player, could have had fantastic playing career at a side outside the top 4, with luck helping push them on, being a legend and hero to that clubs supporters etc..but nope they take the money, sit on a bench for the most part and their playing career suffers...I guess their bank balance doesn't though.

One of the horrible curses of 'modern footy' imo...not seeing lads playing regular who have so much ability.

So like many of this standard of player, could have had fantastic playing career at a side outside the top 4, with luck helping push them on, being a legend and hero to that clubs supporters etc..but nope they take the money, sit on a bench for the most part and their playing career suffers...I guess their bank balance doesn't though.

One of the horrible curses of 'modern footy' imo...not seeing lads playing regular who have so much ability.

It's only really been the last 18 months that's applied though isn't it? That's after spending his career at average to decent clubs rather than one of the elite.

It's only really been the last 18 months that's applied though isn't it? That's after spending his career at average to decent clubs rather than one of the elite.

Aye fair point , but he is just so typical of what I consider a bit of a wasted career..Scott Sinclair, Shaun Wright Phillips et al..... Wilfred Bony to an extent (though owing to fragility of Aguerro he is getting a fair run out).

if he had stayed at us for instance the lad would have had a bagful of goals (well maybe not!) and a shitload more appearances.

Strangest thing is why Chelsea don't play him more really.

These clubs like Chelsea hog players, especially young players and keep them away from the competition. The loan rules need changing as it impedes a sense of fair play. Chelsea had 15 players or summink out on loan a couple of years back.

These clubs like Chelsea hog players, especially young players and keep them away from the competition. The loan rules need changing as it impedes a sense of fair play. Chelsea had 15 players or summink out on loan a couple of years back.

They've got 30+ players out on loan right now.

They've got 30+ players out on loan right now.

PL is a joke.

I wouldn't say five years is huge but I can see the long term plan idea. However if Lacazette goes there he's gonna spend two years playing cup games then sold for a loss to one of these new middle class clubs.

I don't blame players like Bony & Remy in their mid 20s chancing their arm at making it at one of the bigger clubs. The younger ones who go in their teens/early 20s (Sinclair, Rodwell, etc) I do though.

I agree with the likes of Bony and Remy, but I can also understand the likes of Sinclair being unable to resist the opportunity. No-one wants to spend their career thinking of what might have been.

But looking at the even younger age range, ie at Chelsea and Man City's youth systems, it baffles me a bit that they're able to recruit a lot of talented young teenagers. If I was advising a young player, I'd tell them not to touch those clubs with a barge pole. No matter how good the coaching, nobody is making it through the ranks there.

I don't blame players like Bony & Remy in their mid 20s chancing their arm at making it at one of the bigger clubs. The younger ones who go in their teens/early 20s (Sinclair, Rodwell, etc) I do though.

I agree with the likes of Bony and Remy, but I can also understand the likes of Sinclair being unable to resist the opportunity. No-one wants to spend their career thinking of what might have been.

But looking at the even younger age range, ie at Chelsea and Man City's youth systems, it baffles me a bit that they're able to recruit a lot of talented young teenagers. If I was advising a young player, I'd tell them not to touch those clubs with a barge pole. No matter how good the coaching, nobody is making it through the ranks there.

Every player in the premier league has beat the odd to get there. They must have had the mentality to back themselves and to graft.  Given they have that mentality it would be odd to stop backing themselves at the last hurdle.

Their advisers think only of the money. Really they shoudl have a smart enough brain to make better choices, footballing wise.

Let's be honest, if someone was throwing money at you, it would be hard to resist.

This isn't a dig at you, Cronky, but I just don't get arguments like this. It's like, in spite of everything, people are oblivious to the fact that money is absolutely everything. It's pointless rationalising anything when that fact is an umbrella over everything to do with the modern game (the top leagues, anyway).