Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Same price as QPR bought him for and considering how well he has adapted to the league plus it being a very realistic fee, won't deter a host of clubs queuing to sign him.

Probably not, but i reckon other prem teams would be prepared to offer him more than we would. Plus didn't we get get gouffran in as a result of this deal falling through?

NUFC moved the deal for Gouffran (and Sissoko) forward to January. Both deals had already been arranged for Summer 2013. That certainly implies that NUFC's original plan was to get Gouffran in the Summer regardless of signing Rémy in January.

Probably not, but i reckon other prem teams would be prepared to offer him more than we would. Plus didn't we get get gouffran in as a result of this deal falling through?

NUFC moved the deal for Gouffran (and Sissoko) forward to January. Both deals had already been arranged for Summer 2013. That certainly implies that NUFC's original plan was to get Gouffran in the Summer regardless of signing Rémy in January.

Were they agreed? I thought we'd just planned to move for them in the summer. Else, why would Toulouse and Bordeaux be happy to let us take them 6 months "early"?

Were they agreed? I thought we'd just planned to move for them in the summer. Else, why would Toulouse and Bordeaux be happy to let us take them 6 months "early"?

I think we'd agreed deals with both players. The clubs took a few quid instead of getting nothing.

I think we'd agreed deals with both players. The clubs took a few quid instead of getting nothing.

Correct. Derek Llambias confirmed they were done deals for Summer in that big interview he did a month or two ago.

Correct. Derek Llambias confirmed they were done deals for Summer in that big interview he did a month or two ago.

Wonder who else we've agreed deals with  :megusta:

Newcastle and Aston Villa are both interested in meeting Loic Remy's release clause if QPR are relegated to the Championship. The French striker, 26, who has also been linked with Tottenham, has scored five goals in seven starts since arriving at Loftus Road from Marseille in January.

Full story: Metro

http://metro.co.uk/2013/04/09/newcastle-and-aston-villa-want-to-sign-loic-remy-if-qpr-are-relegated-3588963/

Newcastle and Aston Villa are both interested in meeting Loic Remy's release clause if QPR are relegated to the Championship. The French striker, 26, who has also been linked with Tottenham, has scored five goals in seven starts since arriving at Loftus Road from Marseille in January.

Full story: Metro

http://metro.co.uk/2013/04/09/newcastle-and-aston-villa-want-to-sign-loic-remy-if-qpr-are-relegated-3588963/

A player on 80k a week that will shatter the strict wage structure at Newcastle (highest earner ~60k pw) and another club looking to reduce their enormous wage bill, turning to untried youngsters and finding themselves in a relegation dogfight in the process. Aye.

Chief sports writer of Metro. :lol:

:thup:

Del Boy said they were 'pre-contracted' to come here anyway in the summer.

I think he's followed the money with his move to QPR, not entirely sure he has the right mindset which would put me off making a move for him.

Would the fact he looks a bloody good player put you off? Of course he followed the money, would you? Who wouldn't?

The relegation clause would be the issue. If it has a low transfer fee attached then I think a deal is doable. £8m fee + £60kpw  v £low fee + £higher wage. The deal might not cost much more over the whole deal. Not forgetting the new SKY deal wil kick in for next season which should give most Clubs more bargaining power.

If a deal could be done we shouldn't be standing on ceremony. I couldn't see Ashley not wanting it if it was doable.

Guest Roger Kint

I think he's followed the money with his move to QPR, not entirely sure he has the right mindset which would put me off making a move for him.

Would the fact he looks a bloody good player put you off? Of course he followed the money, would you? Who wouldn't?

The relegation clause would be the issue. If it has a low transfer fee attached then I think a deal is doable. £8m fee + £60kpw  v £low fee + £higher wage. The deal might not cost much more over the whole deal. Not forgetting the new SKY deal wil kick in for next season which should give most Clubs more bargaining power.

If a deal could be done we shouldn't be standing on ceremony. I couldn't see Ashley not wanting it if it was doable.

You think Remy would take a pay cut based on the transfer fee? :lol:

He will go to the highest bidder and that will not be us.

Tired of this line of logic.

If I was reaching the prime years in my career. I'd choose Yahoo over Apple if they offered twice my wages. And to be honest, our direct situation wasn't entirely different from QPR's.

I don't think he's a player that I'd splash out on as his attitude seems to be all wrong. Our contract offer wasn't far behind QPR, and for me the writing has been on the wall for them since before January.