Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I don't think he's a player that I'd splash out on as his attitude seems to be all wrong. Our contract offer wasn't far behind QPR, and for me the writing has been on the wall for them since before January.

I read they offered double. At the smallest, 1/3 increase which is plenty. his attitude seems fine to me. It's not like he was whoring himself out.

Thats what I mean, he'll have got a big signing on fee off them and a massive pay packet, then a cheap move away where he'll probably get an even bigger signing on fee, especially if the clause is for a free transfer.

Thats what I mean, he'll have got a big signing on fee off them and a massive pay packet, then a cheap move away where he'll probably get an even bigger signing on fee, especially if the clause is for a free transfer.

Think the clause has been reported as £8m

I think he's followed the money with his move to QPR, not entirely sure he has the right mindset which would put me off making a move for him.

Would the fact he looks a bloody good player put you off? Of course he followed the money, would you? Who wouldn't?

The relegation clause would be the issue. If it has a low transfer fee attached then I think a deal is doable. £8m fee + £60kpw  v £low fee + £higher wage. The deal might not cost much more over the whole deal. Not forgetting the new SKY deal wil kick in for next season which should give most Clubs more bargaining power.

If a deal could be done we shouldn't be standing on ceremony. I couldn't see Ashley not wanting it if it was doable.

You think Remy would take a pay cut based on the transfer fee? :lol:

He will go to the highest bidder and that will not be us.

Is that what I suggested?

I suggested if there was a clause that let him leave cheaper the sum total of meeting his wages and transfer fee outlay might not be too far apart from the original fee/wage.

Guest Roger Kint

I think he's followed the money with his move to QPR, not entirely sure he has the right mindset which would put me off making a move for him.

Would the fact he looks a bloody good player put you off? Of course he followed the money, would you? Who wouldn't?

The relegation clause would be the issue. If it has a low transfer fee attached then I think a deal is doable. £8m fee + £60kpw  v £low fee + £higher wage. The deal might not cost much more over the whole deal. Not forgetting the new SKY deal wil kick in for next season which should give most Clubs more bargaining power.

If a deal could be done we shouldn't be standing on ceremony. I couldn't see Ashley not wanting it if it was doable.

Yes unless you are now claiming you didnt type any of the previous post :lol:

£8m fee + £60kpw  v £low fee + £higher wage.

Seems to be the accepted figures of the deal we originally offered.

Was my suggestion the possible lower transfer fee could allow for an enhanced wage offer.

I can't see where I've suggested we'll get him cheaper in any other way tan the transfer fee MIGHT be lower. I doubt for one moment his wage demands will waver. The complete deal fee+wage might not be too far apart.

Guest Roger Kint

£8m fee + £60kpw  v £low fee + £higher wage.

Seems to be the accepted figures of the deal we originally offered.

Was my suggestion the possible lower transfer fee could allow for an enhanced wage offer.

I can't see where I've suggested we'll get him cheaper in any other way tan the transfer fee MIGHT be lower. I doubt for one moment his wage demands will waver. The complete deal fee+wage might not be too far apart.

You would find a suggestion that we will get him cheaper, largely because i didnt say that for one second :lol

I agree that the figures you used were those we offered but considering he turned them down for more at QPR then surely you get where i was coming from here?

Guest Roger Kint

Not that any of that matters as like i said originally he wont be here in the summer based on recent reports and the fact we wont bid over what we offered in the first place even if we did want him  :lol:

Just looking in at the QPR forum and talk about Delusional

http://www.qprdot.org/viewtopic.php?t=68064

QPR fans Discussing Loic Remy

What a gem we have uncovered and what a terrible shame it will be to see him go this summer.

He is our first really potent striker in years and has so much potential. Would love to enjoy celebrating his goals in years to come.

Just priceless  :embarrassed:

I really hope our safety status is secured before we face Remy.

This guy is launchng himself into a pole-position slot in the Summer market-window. I've only seen bits & pieces of him - classy looking forward, but it's the workrate i hear about, and his energy level is indicator of a guy really trying to raise interest. He's doing a bloody good job of it.

QPR maybe done&dusted in the survival race  (Harry got onboard too late) but Remy is an X-factor atm, due to talent & motive combined. And the energy put on show, by a motivated & energetic forward chasing down speculative balls & pressing/harassing defenders, is infectious - the Bellamy Effect for the want of a scattershot phrasing. Politics aside (as a half-a-season-and-done fly-in, qpr=stepping stone) Remy is a noteworthy intangible.

What a gem we have uncovered and what a terrible shame it will be to see him go this summer.

He is our first really potent striker in years and has so much potential. Would love to enjoy celebrating his goals in years to come.

What's delusional about that? He is a gem and he will be gone in the Summer.

What's delusional about that? He is a gem and he will be gone in the Summer.

They didn't uncover him.

• 2 weeks later...
“I heard that people said I only came here for the money but, for me, it was a choice because I knew the coach [Harry Redknapp] for a long-time, since he was at Tottenham,” says Rémy, a long-term target of Redknapp at Spurs.

“I chose this club because the coach wanted me, the chairman wanted me and he came to my house. There were two clubs interested - Queens Park Rangers and Newcastle United - and when I saw the situation between the two, where they were in the table, it was a small difference.”

:okay:

“I heard that people said I only came here for the money but, for me, it was a choice because I knew the coach [Harry Redknapp] for a long-time, since he was at Tottenham,” says Rémy, a long-term target of Redknapp at Spurs.

“I chose this club because the coach wanted me, the chairman wanted me and he came to my house. There were two clubs interested - Queens Park Rangers and Newcastle United - and when I saw the situation between the two, where they were in the table, it was a small difference.”

:okay:

:lol: That daft cunt's getting relegated tbf, we're only maybe getting relegated.