Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

:lol:

Marveaux's never a box-to-box type in a million years. We do need one, badly.

no reason it shouldn't be cabaye and anita.

Cabaye and Anita are too naturally static and diminutive for the role.

Static my arse. You really do talk utter rubbish Ronaldo  :lol:

:lol:

Marveaux's never a box-to-box type in a million years. We do need one, badly.

no reason it shouldn't be cabaye and anita.

Cabaye and Anita are too naturally static and diminutive for the role.

Static my arse. You really do talk utter rubbish Ronaldo  :lol:

Didn't Cabaye cover most miles in the league on a good few weekends last year?

Ronaldo is right tbf, marveaux prefers to sit deeper and hang back to try and create something. He also lacks the defensive qualities and physical presence to be a box to box midfielder. We also have no one busting a gut to come through the middle and haven't since Nolan left.

It has been a gaping hole in our team for a year and a half that leaves us unbalanced and easy to shut down offensively. We sit far too deep in the centre which invites pressure and restricts our attacking play to long ball and sporadic wing attacks.

Guest Brazilianbob

It seems to me that we have not made any approach for Remy as yet given the meeting parsnip was going to in order to discuss how they are going to replace Ba now that he has gone.  I imagine we won't see any striker through the door for at least two weeks i.f they decide to replace him now we know sholal won't be in the afcon

Am I the only one who thinks Cabaye could be a box to box midfielder? I think it is more to do with the way the team is set up rather than what he is actually capable of. He can put in a decent tackle, break up play and apart from Ben Arfa he's probably our most creative player going forward, and he's got a great engine on him.

The only player we have who looks remotely like a b2b midfielder is Dan Gosling (possibly Abeid but haven't seen enough).

The only player we have with the physical attributes to make it as a b2b midfielder is Sammy Ameobi.

You what?

When he puts on a bit more muscle, he'll have the PHYSICAL attributes to perform as a modern day b2b midfielder. The closest thing we have to Yaya Toure.

The only player we have who looks remotely like a b2b midfielder is Dan Gosling (possibly Abeid but haven't seen enough).

The only player we have with the physical attributes to make it as a b2b midfielder is Sammy Ameobi.

You what?

When he puts on a bit more muscle, he'll have the PHYSICAL attributes to perform as a modern day b2b midfielder. The closest thing we have to Yaya Toure.

Why would you want a promising attacking midfield player/winger to bulk up so he can be used centrally? Doesn't make any sense to me. On top of that, I don't think there's a predescribed build for a box to box midfield player; it's much more about having the stamina and versatility to be effective both in you own third as well as in the final third. To be frank there are about 10 other players at the club I would describe as possible B2B players before Id mention Sammy..

Sammy will never have the footballing brain to play centrally, never mind the physical part. Extremely overrated as of now.

Sammy has looked half decent the past couple of sub appearances IMO. Needs to go on loan though, in a world where we aren't down to bare bones.

You what?

:kasper: :o