Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest bimpy474

Unfortunately the FA will say Remy was being aggressive toward another player, same for Johnson. It's nonsense but i bet they hide behind it.

I'm not sure of the exact terms in the current laws but 'adopting an aggressive stance' is a booking and not a red card. The reason he sent off Remy is because he thought he struck the opponent with his head, and I don't think he did that at all. I've no idea why Johnson was given the straight red but if they conclude he has simulated the head-butt, then that's two bookable offences in the incident.

I only saw the game online so the picture quality wasn't great but did Remy actually make a forward motion with his head, or was it all just part of squaring up?

It was just squaring up, but the pushes of each other before didn't help. Johnson falling away as if he'd been headbutted when they did square up was cheating, and he's done that before.

I cant see them clearing either, there's enough for the FA to make the cards stand. I think yellow for both would have been enough but it's about opinions i suppose.

Guest Roger Kint

From one of those FB pages:

Mackems v Geordies

Sneaky cheating Geordies waiting to appeal Rapist Remy's Red card so that it wouldn't be heard before the Derby meaning he can play ! Must be bricking it ya scruffy unwashed tramps / CM

:mung:

Guest Brazilianbob

Be nice if they took our wrongly disallowed goal against city into account and gave us the benefit of any tenuous doubt to rescind Remy's red card.  It aint going to happen tho because we a not part of the EPL elite

Why are my mackem friends frothing at the gash and telling me he spat on a player too? Just another lie from RTG which has been repeated until its fact I'm guessing.

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/remy-appeal.870725/

If they're telling you, does this mean you work at the FA? If so is there any chance you could, you know, let him off. Just for the crack.

The whole incident, from Remy's point of view, was a mixture between harsh (a booking each would've sufficed) and moronic on his part (gave the ref every opportunity to send him off). I laughed my tits off at Johnson's reaction at the time - cos it was so obviously feigned - but when Remy's red came out I did wonder if the guy's theatrics influenced the decision.

The whole thing was just pitiful really. Stupid behaviour from the players leaving the ref with a couple of difficult options, even if his final decision was a bit scatter-gun and reckless itself. To think both guys went after what was nowt more than an innocuous playground "it was him!" bitch-fight is a bit daft.

Won't get rescinded like, not a chance. Johnson's has more of a chance cos it wasn't him who lunged, but they'll probably both remain.

Unfortunately the FA will say Remy was being aggressive toward another player, same for Johnson. It's nonsense but i bet they hide behind it.

I'm not sure of the exact terms in the current laws but 'adopting an aggressive stance' is a booking and not a red card. The reason he sent off Remy is because he thought he struck the opponent with his head, and I don't think he did that at all. I've no idea why Johnson was given the straight red but if they conclude he has simulated the head-butt, then that's two bookable offences in the incident.

I only saw the game online so the picture quality wasn't great but did Remy actually make a forward motion with his head, or was it all just part of squaring up?

It was just squaring up, but the pushes of each other before didn't help. Johnson falling away as if he'd been headbutted when they did square up was cheating, and he's done that before.

I cant see them clearing either, there's enough for the FA to make the cards stand. I think yellow for both would have been enough but it's about opinions i suppose.

This. TBF a yellow each and both grounded for a week with no tv or pocket money would have been spot on, unfortunately Johnson's fuckwittery ensured that wasn't going to happen. Would be amazed if it gets rescinded, as FA back their refs to the hilt. Also, they did both shove each other in the chest which is far from clever.

Glad we've appealed though just out of spite as if not it could well have been interpreted as an admission of guilt and helped Johnson get off which would be a travesty for him to play whilst Loic sits out February.

Wouldn't be shocked if the fa threw on an extra game tbh

:lol: I think that outcome is more likely than it being rescinded, like. In what circumstances can that actually happen? It has happened before, hasn't it?

Is it simply a case of how much the appealing club is taking the piss?

:lol: I think that outcome is more likely than it being rescinded, like. In what circumstances can that actually happen? It has happened before, hasn't it?

Is it simply a case of how much the appealing club is taking the piss?

I think it's often when the appeal is made just to delay the suspension by a week.

Is it simply a case of how much the appealing club is taking the p*ss?

They won't rescind it, man. It'll highlight their woeful mistake. They rarely rescind controversial poor decisions, only honest mistakes, really.

I know man, I was asking whether or not they've ever increased a suspension.

Won't get rescinded like, not a chance. Johnson's has more of a chance cos it wasn't him who lunged, but they'll probably both remain.

On you go, Branks. Mug.

Why are my mackem friends frothing at the gash and telling me he spat on a player too? Just another lie from RTG which has been repeated until its fact I'm guessing.

Just even reading that on the Sunderland thread. Didn't see anything like that are there any pics floating around?

Just even reading that on the Sunderland thread. Didn't see anything like that are there any pics floating around?

Spat on the player and viciously stomped on his head. Johnson nearly drowned as a result.

nah, i've seen a slow motion gif of him appearing to spit at johnson a second before the shoving match. Don't think it's intentional mind.

Appeal is unlikely to be held before the derby I presume, or we might as well have waited until 4pm tomorrow to lodge it... Or do you have to appeal within a certain number of hours after the sending off?

The hearing is later today.