Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I can actually see interest from Mourinho coming in after listening to his recent comments about lacking a goalscorer.

They will aim higher..

Yup. Cavani or Costa most likely.

Saw a Liverpool fan say he wants him as backup for Sturridge. :lol:

Not sure on this one.  Have a feeling he likes it here.  BIG if, but if we make a move for some decent players and clear out the shite, I could see him hanging around.  As other have stated, he chose money over ambition previously.  If we can meet his salary requirements and fee, I think he would consider it.

Well worth £15M IMO and exactly the type of player you can build around.  Keep him and De Jong and add one more senior striker to the mix and we are looking much stronger.

Scary the amount of work that needs to be done on the forward line in the Summer, particularly if Remy goes. Can see several loans to paper over the cracks.

Yup, we need about 6 or 7 players to me. I'd be shocked if we even get half that.

Scary the amount of work that needs to be done on the forward line in the Summer, particularly if Remy goes. Can see several loans to paper over the cracks.

Yup, we need about 6 or 7 players to me. I'd be shocked if we even get half that.

The only position you can't scrimp and save on, LDJ @ £8m will probably stay but Remy would be a touch too much for Super-Scrimper Ashley. LDJ is not our goal scoring answer though and would still leave us at least 2 short up top. Without Remy we'll really struggle next year, Ben if by some miracle, some off bag of crack or something, Pardew got us playing like Barcalona, without a player like Remy, we won't be scoring goals and we'll be looking down not up next season.

Guest bimpy474

June :    We're looking at 4 or 5

July :      We're looking at 2 or 3

August : We hope to get 1 over the line.

September :  :pardsgrin:

Where's this £15m thing come from?, or are people just saying what they would be prepared to pay.  If QPR don't get promoted, and I can see it happening, he'll be available for far less (all this is assuming we definitely don't have a fee already agreed which some Journalists repeatedly claimed we had).

Where's this £15m thing come from?, or are people just saying what they would be prepared to pay.  If QPR don't get promoted, and I can see it happening, he'll be available for far less (all this is assuming we definitely don't have a fee already agreed which some Journalists repeatedly claimed we had).

Harry Redknapp.

Fwiw I think QPR will do a West Ham and get promoted via the playoffs. And if we had agreed a fee, it would likely have been announced as we did for the de Jong signing.

And then you consider the possible competition from other more ambitious clubs.

QPR will take the money they got for him and run, that's not the issue here. Well not the main issue anyway as we know what Ashley is like.

The issue is convincing him that staying here is better than going to be a back up at Arsenal.

Good luck with that.

QPR will take the money they got for him and run, that's not the issue here. Well not the main issue anyway as we know what Ashley is like.

The issue is convincing him that staying here is better than going to be a back up at Arsenal.

Good luck with that.

Doubt he'd be backup at Arsenal. Will be outscoring Giroud or even partnering him.

http://www.thejournal.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/tim-krul-fighting-world-cup-6772992

Krul believes that Remy might be convinced to stay at Newcastle by the way his team-mates have welcomed him to the club, and allowed him to prosper since his loan move to QPR.

United are interested in making the transfer permanent and have an agreed fee in place but there is an acknowledgement at the club that it will be down to the France striker to agree terms in the close season. Understandably, Krul hopes that he will be persuaded to join Newcastle.

He said: “To be honest he is enjoying his time here and I think we make him feel at home, give him confidence and give him the right balls to score.

“He’s a fantastic striker, we’ve known from the start and I’m pleased he has been part of the squad this season and that’s the only thing we can control at the moment.”

Another mention of already having a fee agreed. The media have put out plenty of stories contradicting themselves about whether there is an agreed fee or not.

Like it says though, it's up to Rémy what he decides to do.

Having a fee agreed means nowt if a) we don't offer it, and b) someone else gets on the blower to his agent.

He's obviously class, and in famous last words, I don't think he'll be as good next season. Last season he was proving himself in the league, this season he's playing for the WC. I think he'll have a drop off next season.

Would still throw money at him to move here though*

*love bankrupting the club me

Think he's actually getting better - with the way and type of goals he's scoring. He didn't look like this player towards the end of his Marseille days - some of the movement and sort of "fuck it I'm the man" type play in and around the box is a sign of not only a super confident player but one who seems to be growing into his own.

He's in the WC squad basically with 13 goals -- think if we offer him a decent wage he'll stay. (we won't offer him a decent wage... :( )