Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Oh right. I'm not saying we're going to get him, clearly he could easily go wherever the money is or a couple of positions higher. But to be fair to the club he has nearly signed for us permanently very recently already.

Nearly?  Shit man, quick, monitor the fuck out of him.

Ultimately deciding to go to a team that were at the basement of the PL.

The real difficulty is, if you're a good player why would you stay at NUFC? No obvious reasons.

There are quite a lot of reasons TBH, we just choose to ignore them on here in favour of overemphasising the negative.

Not sure it's worth it TBH. The normal stuff that everyone dismisses... top half in one of the best leagues, massive ground, great fans, decent enough wages, etc etc. Basically we're still a very respectable PL club, and we massively exaggerate the down side for the majority of players on this forum.

Not sure it's worth it TBH. The normal stuff that everyone dismisses... top half in one of the best leagues, massive ground, great fans, decent enough wages, etc etc. Basically we're still a very respectable PL club, and we massively exaggerate the down side for the majority of players on this forum.

Ok well I think there is probably a hierachy of needs for a footballer.

Top Concern is probably money.

Next probably is competitiveness, chances of success.

Then Stadium and Fans.

Again if you're a good player, why stay at NUFC?

You're probably right, but I think we exaggerate the difference between us and other non-elite clubs when we talk about competitiveness. I don't think a player coming in from Europe is going to know that Alan Pardew said in the Northern Echo that he prioritises the league over the cup.

Anyway, this could go on forever, I agree to disagree.

In a nutshell I'd be surprised if Remy stayed with us. I think he will either go to a club that will pay him more money or a more successful club (who will probably pay him more money).

I'd be quite surprised if he stayed with us as well.

I don't dispute that we are able to sign some good players. I think our difficulty arises in keeping them for a prolonged period. This obviously makes it hard to build much and progress. Probably why people have no patience with the MA approach.

Ah right, cool, I don't disagree with that. On the losing players thing, I would put it down to about 70% a function of not being in the CL and about 30% down to Ashley's approach. Obviously we will sell players for big money, but we know nearly every club does that.

Anyway like I said, it will be interesting to see how Pardew sets us up next year without Remy to score goals from nowhere. I can't see Ashley spending money on that sort of quality so we may well go down the Allardyce route and go back to a Nolan/Carroll type partnership. This should suit Pardew and Ashley as it will mean lower wages and a good crack at the top 10.

:lol: Ian, the only way he'll come to us is if the plethora of clubs better than us, who will spend more than us, want to finish higher than us and want to win some sort of cup,didn't try and sign him. If we're the only club in for him, then we'll get him. That's it.

If we offer him more money he'll be here, if someoe else does he'll go there.

Assuming we'll offer him what we're currently paying (£80k) I can see plenty of Premier League clubs unwilling/unable to pay that.  But obviously plenty who can and likely will.  Lets face it he'll very likely go elsewhere.

:lol: Ian, the only way he'll come to us is if the plethora of clubs better than us, who will spend more than us, want to finish higher than us and want to win some sort of cup,didn't try and sign him. If we're the only club in for him, then we'll get him. That's it.

Assuming we'll offer him what we're currently paying (£80k) I can see plenty of Premier League clubs unwilling/unable to pay that.  But obviously plenty who can and likely will.  Lets face it he'll very likely go elsewhere.

We aren't known as being a club that pays higher wages than others. Quite the opposite, in fact.

We aren't known as being a club that pays higher wages than others. Quite the opposite, in fact.

We aren't known for big wages no, but there are still plenty of clubs who spend less than us on wages and plenty who are very unlikely to beat an offer of £80k per week (no point in offering him less than we're paying him now after all).  Really just depends on whether the likes of Arsenal, Man Utd, Liverpool, Man City, Tottenham or Chelsea come in, if so we've got no chance.

Like I said he'll probably go elsewhere.