Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Redknapp offer was £10 million + SWP for Remy (according to french papers)

Don't understand why he wouldn't include Barton as part of any deal.

Pretty clear he wants to stay with OM and I can't imagine many at QPR want him back.

The Remy deal would seem an ideal opportunity to put that issue to bed whilst improving survival chances.

Redknapp has been banging on about wages - Barton's wages are off the books for the next six months whereas they are still shelling out SWP's. Just being the wheeler-dealer he is, trying to scrape up copper coins...

So we move on to Target number 2 i presume?

Mr.Pierre Emerick Aubameyang.  :megusta:

Have we actually been linked with him or is it just us lot and who we'd like?

Yeah we have, quite a few times actually most journos seem to think he's our 2nd choice after Remy.

Anyway not sure if its been posted but L'Equipe are expecting a formal offer from us in the next 24 hrs.

So we move on to Target number 2 i presume?

Mr.Pierre Emerick Aubameyang.  :megusta:

Have we actually been linked with him or is it just us lot and who we'd like?

Yeah we have, quite a few times actually most journos seem to think he's our 2nd choice after Remy.

Anyway not sure if its been posted but L'Equipe are expecting a formal offer from us in the next 24 hrs.

No rush, take your time lads. How long has that delegation supposed to have been over there ffs.

IMO our indecision / penny pinching will let this transfer slip through our hands again.

It's quite clear OM's strategy on this is to drum up as much interest as possible to get as much money for him as they possibly can. What would you have us do, just go in and offer 20 million and be done with it?

since when did that cunt care about wages?

He was making a somewhat different point (and this source is teamtalk!), but...:

http://www.teamtalk.com/premier-league/8352299/Boss-Harry-Redknapp-launches-scathing-attack-on-wages-at-QPR

Harry hits out at QPR wages

QPR boss Harry Redknapp says many of his players earn too much money after seeing them go down 1-0 at Newcastle.

The former Tottenham manager launched a scathing attack on some of the players he inherited from Mark Hughes and hinted that he intends to sell Jose Bosingwa in January.

Redknapp suffered his first defeat as Rangers boss with their defeat at St James' Park.

Asked about his plans for the January transfer window, Redknapp said: "I don't want to spend their (the club's) money, to be honest with you.

"There are a lot of players at this club who earn far too much money for what they are; far, far, far too much money for their ability and what they give to the club.

"I don't really want to see the owners have their pants taken down like they have in the past. There's a lot of agents made money out of them.

"I fined a player last week and he was earning more than any player earned at Tottenham.

"You shouldn't be paying massive wages when you've got a stadium that holds 18,000 people.

"This club (Newcastle) holds 52,000 and most of their players will be nowhere near some of the wages some of the players are earning here."

Redknapp also confirmed that full-back Bosingwa had been fined a fortnight's wages after refusing to sit on the bench for last weekend's 2-1 victory over Fulham.

He said: "He didn't want to be on the bench and didn't want to be a substitute, so he went home.

"He has been fined two weeks' wages, £130,000. Not too bad for two weeks, decent isn't it? Not too bad for playing on a Saturday, it's okay."

Asked how he might handle a player like that, Redknapp said: "We'll find out in January."

Redknapp played down the likelihood of signing Newcastle striker Demba Ba, who has a £7m-release clause in his United contract.

Redknapp said: "We've not got £7m to spend on a player, I'd have thought."

Having said that though, I'm glad the "official rejection" re Remy has come out from the French end, because if Harry says something then the opposite is usually true

When was the last time we properly beat another team to a signing - was it Ba? Or even as far back as Ben Arfa?

Who was our last signing? Anita?

Him.

Did we have any real competition for him though? Anita, Bigi, Debuchy, Cisse, Cabaye didnt descend into bidding wars, which suits us well.