Brighton vs Newcastle United (FA Cup 3rd Rd) - 05/01/13 @ 12.30pm (live on ITV1)

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The football part of this forum is getting to the point where it's a chore to read, a lot of people don't seem to actually get the situation we are in and what's available at this time.

The football part of this forum is getting to the point where it's a chore to read, a lot of people don't seem to actually get the situation we are in and what's available at this time.

The only physical option we have that isn't playing is Marv, and him not starting is perfectly understandable IMO. Not entirely sure what else people were expecting?

Well granted he's not a genius but he had a decent record in the Championship. Wanting to start Campbell in this is just mental, and Ranger, whilst more mobile, is only in the squad as needs must, he has no future with us.

I hope your faith in him pays off, I doubt it though.

This today reminds me a bit of that Cheltenham game in 2006 where Souness was under pressure because of our poor league form. We won thanks to two lucky goals of Parker and Chopra (?) and they had lots and lots of chances.

Hoping for some of the same (result wise) today.

hoped to see ferguson on LB.

except from that fine selection.

would like to see campbell getting a chance later on

Aye, Ferguson for Santon and that would have been reasonable. Then planned subs Anita <-> Amalfitano (with Abeid moving back to defensive mid) and Shola <-> Campbell to keep Anita and Shola fresh as much as possible.

This today reminds me a bit of that Cheltenham game in 2006 where Souness was under pressure because of our poor league form. We won thanks to two lucky goals of Parker and Chopra (?) and they had lots and lots of chances.

Don't even remember that one. :lol:

Why is Sammy getting grief? :lol:

He's a young lad with a few games under his belt and has at least looked positive when he comes on. Is it down to his surname? :lol:

Nowt I guess, he just isn't good enough for us.

Well at least we don't have a habit of writing players off too early :lol:

Guest neesy111

A huge gulf in quality mind.

He's a young lad with a few games under his belt and has at least looked positive when he comes on. Is it down to his surname? :lol:

All seemed to be well until that dreadful game v Swansea (i think). Was personally shocked on how people here tuned on him so quickly after impressing in the early European matches.

ITV with clanger number one.

Brighton knocked us out of the FA Cup at Newcastle last season, apparently.

:memelol:

Same bloke just said Brighton won't have a handle on us because we're playing a different system to normal :lol:

Is Ferguson injured again?  Not a chance Sammy should be ahead of him.

Why not? With the formation we are playing Sammy is better placed than Ferguson as he can play a wide forward on either the right of the left. Ferguson can only play down the left and doesn't have enough in his game to play as a wide forward.

Want to see Fergie left-back again myself. Think it provides real width to this formation.

Sammy had one bad match. Plus he's dead young, compared to how Tiote's played this season he's been positively golden. I reckon he'll have a hell of a match today.

Also the two pronged Ameobi attack up front woo.

All seemed to be well until that dreadful game v Swansea (i think). Was personally shocked on how many people here tuned on him so quickly after impressing in the early European matches.

It's like some just wait for an excuse ;)