Brighton vs Newcastle United (FA Cup 3rd Rd) - 05/01/13 @ 12.30pm (live on ITV1)

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Our record in the FA Cup under Pardew has been shit, mainly because he's gone full strength against lesser teams and our players haven't been motivated.  I think we'll actually have a better chance of a win with some of the kids because I think they'll be motivated and are good enough against Brighton, as long as stroller isn't playing up front.

If Stroller is up front I'll probably not even bother watching it.

Guest tollemache

With a week's rest, I think it might be a case of going out to win the game with a lot of first teamers, even if only to avoid there being a replay to deal with later on when we need space between games.

Please just avoid the replay.

Elliot

Tavernier Perch Williamson Ferguson

Anita Jonas

Sameobi Marveaux Obertan

Shameobi

Campbell sub.

With a week's rest, I think it might be a case of going out to win the game with a lot of first teamers, even if only to avoid there being a replay to deal with later on when we need space between games.

Let's hope it's third time lucky for him then because his record is shit in the FA Cup against lower league teams with us fielding strong but unmotivated teams. 

Stevenage beat us 3-1 and our clown moaned that our players were running on empty and we had some big players missing.  Our team that evening was Krul, Coloccini, Williamson, Simpson, Perch, Nolan, Barton, Routledge, Smith (replaced by Tiote who was sent off), Lovenkrands and Best.  Should that not have been enough "Big players" to beat a league 2 side?

Last season we went down to Brighton and lost with Krul, Simpson, Williamson, Perch, Santon, Ben Arfa, Guthrie, Cabaye, Best, Shola and Jonas.  Pardew was moaning that we hadn't won because we didn't have Coloccini, Tiote, Cisse or Ba which is a bit worrying because it looks like he'll have none of them today.  :lol:

It's looking like every player we have with first team experience will be playing today - don't think there's too many options!