Brighton 2 - 0 Newcastle United - 05/01/13 - post-match reaction from page 45

Dave

Not arsed being out of the cup just the over the top Pards bashing in here also the fkn stupid media frenzy there will over this whilst they neglect to mention how much of a makeshift team we had out.

F*** off Pardew. Cowardly escaping to the tunnel and not going over to our support.

Seriously? That's particularly horrendous. Even by his arsehole standards.

Carver was even the one who shook Poyet's hand.

That's really shocking tbh. 2,000 NUFC fans with fantastic support throughout the match, we offer up that and he doesn't even have the courtesy to go and applaud them? Wow.

Guest Phil K

And we have 8 years left with this worthless sack of sh*t as manager, and a Scrooge as owner. Div 3 beckons.

Doesn't help we always get biased refs. Why ? If we get some decent ones now and again, but ALWAYS turds like that ?

His reaction, ie heading straight down the tunnel without shaking Poyets hand , makes me hope his resignation could be imminent.

Sacking if anything. He won't resign.

Pathetic if he didn't shake his hand, be professional ffs.

I don't know why people are getting so upset about this result.  Yeah, it ain't great, but there are bigger fish to fry.

We put out an, at best, reserve side against a team that is doing reasonably well in the Championship.  What does this tell us?  It tells us that our approach to this game was to win it if we could, but it was a higher priority to protect our first team from more injuries and to rest them for the next game.

I am not saddened by the prospect of being out of the FA Cup.  I would not be saddened if we were out of the Europa league as well.  Whilst this performance has not given us anything to smile about, it is far from justification to tar-and-feather anyone.

What's the fucking point then?  We're not going to win the league so you'd be happy just staying in the PL each season for another go at winning fuck all?

A team like us should be focusing on the cups as it's our best chance of actually winning something.  You know, winning things, the point of the game.

exactly. do well in the league and it's "we have concentrate on the leage", do poorly in the league and it's "we have to concentrate on the league".

i'd love to see us win something for once - and even previous cup runs getting to finals (or even semi-finals in Europe), despite the heart-ache, are still remembered fondly.

What the f*** is this mentality of being glad we are out of a cup competition, fans being pleased to lose a game.

Staying up is more important and we don't have the squad to be playing EL, league and FA Cup come February and March.

I hate to say it but if it means staying up then i don't really care tbh.

aye cos the players getting rest games has really helped.

Not arsed being out of the cup just the over the top Pards bashing in here also the fkn stupid media frenzy there will over this whilst they neglect to mention how much of a makeshift team we had out.

Pardew might take us down, do you want him congratulated in the process?

Really it was Championship players against Championship players, there are no excuses they wanted it more! Yet there will be plenty of excuses from our manager! Embarrassing again  :rant:

Couldn't care less about the team he put out, more about how they played. No drive, commitment, shape, direction or idea. That is totally down to Pardew, he is a busted flush.

I don't know why people are getting so upset about this result.  Yeah, it ain't great, but there are bigger fish to fry.

We put out an, at best, reserve side against a team that is doing reasonably well in the Championship.  What does this tell us?  It tells us that our approach to this game was to win it if we could, but it was a higher priority to protect our first team from more injuries and to rest them for the next game.

I am not saddened by the prospect of being out of the FA Cup.  I would not be saddened if we were out of the Europa league as well.  Whilst this performance has not given us anything to smile about, it is far from justification to tar-and-feather anyone.

It's not just the result Montey. It's the shit display that our premier league club churned out today. It's the utterly clueless way we went about playing against lower league opposition when this team needs a win so desperately.

Also, I am saddened to be knocked out of the FA cup. I would like to go to Wembly one day, even if it is for a semi final game. I would like this team to come close to winning some silverware. 

To those who are saying (paraphrasing) "whats the point if we don't try and win every game" and "our best chance to win something is in the cups"....

What would you prefer, to win the FA Cup but play in the Championship the following season, or not win the cup but stay in the Premier League?

I'm still worried about jumping back on the merry go round of mediocre managers being given too little time to do not that well. I don't think the team selection was too bad, if anything I was most bothered by not giving Santon the rest he desperately needs. Shola up front was inevitable (should have been campbell though). It's the performance by the players. They barely tried.