Brighton 2 - 0 Newcastle United - 05/01/13 - post-match reaction from page 45

Dave

What the f*** is this mentality of being glad we are out of a cup competition, fans being pleased to lose a game.

Staying up is more important and we don't have the squad to be playing EL, league and FA Cup come February and March.

I hate to say it but if it means staying up then i don't really care tbh.

This, sadly. A couple of free weekends might do us some good, particularly with the Europa about to start up again soon.

To those who are saying (paraphrasing) "whats the point if we don't try and win every game" and "our best chance to win something is in the cups"....

What would you prefer, to win the FA Cup but play in the Championship the following season, or not win the cup but stay in the Premier League?

Or lose in the FA Cup, lose in the Europa League and get relegated as well? Because that's the trajectory we're on.

How can people not be arsed about us going out of the cup?  FFS!  We've won f*** all since the dawn of time.  Would it not be nice to win something in our lifetimes?  Just pause for a second and think about how f***ing great that feeling would be?!!!!

At least we're still in Europa League

To those who are saying (paraphrasing) "whats the point if we don't try and win every game" and "our best chance to win something is in the cups"....

What would you prefer, to win the FA Cup but play in the Championship the following season, or not win the cup but stay in the Premier League?

Or lose in the FA Cup, lose in the Europa League and get relegated as well? Because that's the trajectory we're on.

Could have done with some momentum but the run we are on now we cannot afford to dwell, have to take the positives (less fixtures) and move on quickly. A lot of those players obviously don't have the heart to play for this club too, and while they may be needed to fill in at times they need to be replaced.

These games are not in isolation, it's not FIFA. Another inept, in fact shocking, performance does nothing to help our league plight. I'd wager the players are even more demoralised if that's possible.

F*** off Pardew. Cowardly escaping to the tunnel and not going over to our support.

Seriously? That's particularly horrendous. Even by his arsehole standards.

Carver was even the one who shook Poyet's hand.

That's really shocking tbh. 2,000 NUFC fans with fantastic support throughout the match, we offer up that and he doesn't even have the courtesy to go and applaud them? Wow.

The least those fans deserve is some recognition, disgraceful from Pardew.

I'd prefer to stay in the PL and win a cup.  For a club our size that shouldn't be beyond us.

In terms of your slightly silly choice though, i'd rather win a cup and go down.

Guest Phil K

We are in freefall with a bunch of third raters playing, a lot of discontent, no ideas whatsoever, all the players feeling sorry for themselves even though their performances all season have been shocking - nothing to call on (thats even more worrying) I really didn't realize how much Cabaye ran that lot - but most worrying of all, is nothing, NOTHING coming from Pardew. The sign of a manager without any ideas or ability.

I want to win the cup but frankly this whole season is a write off and in a flat out choice between staying in the league and winning the club it's the former every time. If we go down we lose all our flair players and we'll have to watch that week in week out. We stay in the league we can have a good go next season with some reinforcements

I'd prefer to win a cup. Championship was fun.

Sick of fans saying "glad we're out the cup" etc etc. How old are people saying these things? They must be young as fuck cause I'm only 30 but I'm sick to death of us pissing away the cups year after year, god knows how lads in their 40's+ feel about it. We will never win anything with that mentality. A few more cup matches is gonna make fuck all difference whether we stay up or not.

What the f*** is this mentality of being glad we are out of a cup competition, fans being pleased to lose a game.

Staying up is more important and we don't have the squad to be playing EL, league and FA Cup come February and March.

I hate to say it but if it means staying up then i don't really care tbh.

aye cos the players getting rest games has really helped.

Whats your point? whether that's true or not doesn't matter we still don't have the squad for it and staying up is most important anything else is a mere bonus.

s**** season; stay up, try to forgot this season ever happened and move on.

It's depressing i know but its the sad state of affairs we find ourselves in.

I agree but why risk Marveaux? When one nil down he should had left it,  we needed a win or a lost,  last thing we needed was a draw.

To me it looked like Pardew wants to be in the fa cup but hasn't got a clue how to stay in the competition.

Sick of fans saying "glad we're out the cup" etc etc. How old are people saying these things? They must be young as fuck cause I'm only 30 but I'm sick to death of us pissing away the cups year after year, god knows how lads in their 40's+ feel about it. We will never win anything with that mentality. A few more cup matches is gonna make fuck all difference whether we stay up or not.

I'm 19 and it fucking disgusts me too mate.